Flames NewsFlames Home > Men's Tennis Home > News
Flames Fall in Richmond
The No. 1 doubles match yielded a positive result for the Flames, as Jarda Trojan and Chad Simpson won their match to move to 8-5 on the season. Liberty's top doubles pairing has now won three out of its last four individual contests. Richmond, however, was able to win the remaining two matches by scores of 8-3 and 8-4, and in the process capture the doubles point.
In singles play, Richmond won five of the six contests, with the exception being Chad Simpson's straight-set win at No. 2. The victory was Simpson's fifth of the season, which is tops on the Liberty squad.
Liberty's record after the match now stands at 3-10. The Flames return to action on Sunday in Lynchburg, as they host the James Madison Dukes at the Esbenshade-Hershey Tennis Courts. Match time is scheduled for 1 p.m.
1. Jarda Trojan/Chad Simpson (LU) def. Chris Louis/Charlie Seltzer (RICH) – 8-4
2. Doug Banker/Michael Sommer (RICH) def. Luis Olivera/Franco Valdez (LU) – 8-3
3. Bobby McNally/William Minter (RICH) def. Sebastian Pena/Juan Reyes (LU) – 8-4
1. Doug Banker (RICH) def. Jarda Trojan (LU) – 6-2, 6-4
2. Chad Simpson (LU) def. Chris Louis (RICH) – 6-3, 6-3
3. Michael Sommer (RICH) def. Sebastian Pena (LU) – 6-1, 6-1
4. Charlie Seltzer (RICH) def. Luis Olivera (LU) – 6-1, 6-0
5. Sami Belakhlef (RICH) def. Juan Reyes (LU) – 6-4, 6-0
6. Matt Farina (RICH) def. Franco Valdez (LU) – 6-0, 6-3