Flames NewsFlames Home > Baseball Home > News
Liberty to Square Off with Missouri at USA Baseball Complex
LIBERTY VS. MISSOURI
Feb. 25 - 2:35 p.m.
USA Baseball Complex
Live Stats (Provided by Missouri): Tuesday's Game
• Liberty will face Missouri for the first time since 1989, Tuesday.
• 1989 was the only time the Flames and the Tigers have met. Just like Tuesday, the two met on a neutral field with Missouri taking a 14-8 decision.
• The Flames have played once before at the USA Baseball Complex in Cary, N.C. Liberty faced Duke at the facility, home to USA Baseball, in 2010.
• Liberty posted a 2-2 record at the Battle at the Beach tournament in Wilmington, N.C., this past weekend. The Flames split a pair of games with both Ohio and UNCW.
• 16 of Liberty's 36 hits went for extra bases this past weekend. The Flames belted five home runs and collected 10 doubles.
• Liberty posted season-highs in runs (14) and hits (17) against UNCW in 14-6 victory, Saturday.
• 1B/DH Ryan Seiz collected two hits, a home run and drove in three runs in Liberty's 8-5 win over Ohio, Saturday. His home run was his second of the season.
• Seiz collected three hits and drove in two runs against Old Dominion, last Tuesday.
• The Louisville transfer leads the Flames in hitting with a .370 average and in RBIs with eight.
• He hit back-to-back home runs with OF/1B Andrew Yacyk in the third inning of Saturday's victory over Ohio.
• Playing first base, Yacyk doubled, hit a home run and drove in three runs in his first collegiate start in victory over Ohio, Saturday.
• Later in the day, he collected two more hits, one an RBI double, in win over host UNCW
• 1B/C Alex Close hit .429 over the weekend.
• Close had three hits and two home runs, driving in three runs and scoring three runs in 14-6 victory over UNCW, Saturday.
• INF Dalton Britt posted the first four-hit game of his career in win over UNCW, Saturday. He also scored twice and drove in a run.
• Britt has started every Liberty game this season. He has started five games at third base and three at shortstop. He has recorded three multi-hit game this season.
• C/DH Danny Grauer doubled twice and plated three runs in Saturday's win over UNCW.
• On Sunday against Ohio, Grauer hit his second home run of the year against Ohio.
• OF/P Ashton Perritt enters Tuesday's contest with five stolen bases to lead the Flames.
• Saturday, Perritt earned his second save of the year with a scoreless inning of relief in win over Ohio.
• LHP Jared Lyons made two appearances this past weekend, pitching 3 2/3 scoreless innings. Lyons leads the Flames with four appearances.
• RHP Trey Lambert recorded his first win of 2014, Saturday. Lambert allowed three runs on five hits over eight innings in win over UNCW.
• RHP Parker Bean picked up his first collegiate victory on Saturday in Liberty's 8-5 win over Ohio. The freshman gave up five runs, three earned, on six hits over five innings.
• 3B Dylan Allen posted his first multi-hit game, Sunday against Ohio. Allen had two hits, a double and scored a run.
Flames Clubhouse Report
• Join the Liberty Flames Sports Network's Nick Pierce each week for a look at Flames Baseball.
• The audio show is available at LibertyFlames.com each week throughout the season.
• Pierce, who brings you all the action of Liberty Flames baseball, takes a look back at the previous week, along with comments from Liberty head coach Jim Toman and key Flames.