Flames NewsFlames Home > Men's Tennis Home > News
Flames Drop Big South Match to Birmingham-Southern
Doubles play featured three closely played contests, with no match being decided by more than three points. Liberty's Jarda Trojan and Chad Simpson won at No. 1 doubles, claiming an 8-5 win. However, the Panthers rallied to capture the No. 2 and No. 3 doubles matches and claim the point.
In singles competition, Birmingham-Southern won five of the six matches contested, with the exception being a Juan Reyes victory at No. 6 singles.
With the win, Birmingham-Southern captures its first conference victory of the season, and moves to 2-9 overall. Liberty's record is now 3-7 after the loss. The Flames continue their road trip on Friday, as they play a non-conference match against Wofford. Match time in Spartanburg, S.C. is scheduled for 1 p.m.
1. Jarda Trojan/Chad Simpson (LU) def. Mauricio Engler/Michael Locandro (BSC) – 8-5
2. David Ray/J.C. Freeman (BSC) def. Sebastian Pena/Juan Reyes (LU) – 8-5
3. Matt Mabry/Richard Walsh (BSC) def. Luis Olivera/Fabricio Picanco (LU) – 9-7
1. Mauricio Engler (BSC) def. Jarda Trojan (LU) – 6-0, 6-1
2. David Ray (BSC) def. Chad Simpson (LU) – 6-3, 6-4
3. Richard Walsh (BSC) def. Sebastian Pena (LU) – 6-4, 6-3
4. Michael Locandro (BSC) def. Luis Olivera (LU) – 6-1, 6-0
5. Matt Mabry (BSC) def. Fabricio Picanco (LU) – 6-2, 6-3
6. Juan Reyes (LU) def. J.C. Freeman (BSC) – 6-2, 0-6, 10-5