Flames NewsFlames Home > Men's Tennis Home > News
Flames Drop Conference Opener to Bulldogs
Doubles play featured three closely played contests, with all three being decided by just two points. UNC Asheville, however, captured all three matches to sweep the point.
In singles competition, Liberty freshman Chad Simpson was victorious at No. 3 singles, winning a three-set match over UNC Asheville senior Loic Hereson. Despite Simpson's win, the Bulldogs picked up victories in the other five singles matches to complete their victory.
With the setback, Liberty's overall record now stands at 3-6. The Flames continue their road trip on Wednesday, as they take on conference opponent Birmingham-Southern. Match time in Birmingham, Ala. is scheduled for 1 p.m.
1. Rob Nunnery/Mauricio Correa (UNCA) def. Jarda Trojan/Chad Simpson (LU) – 8-6
2. Joseph May/Loic Hereson (UNCA) def. Sebastian Pena/Juan Reyes (LU) – 8-6
3. Damien Snare/Tyler Begg (UNCA) def. Luis Olivera/Fabricio Picanco (LU) – 9-7
1. Rob Nunnery (UNCA) def. Jarda Trojan (LU) – 7-6 (5), 6-4
2. Mauricio Correa (UNCA) def. Sebastian Pena (LU) – 6-1, 6-1
3. Chad Simpson (LU) def. Loic Hereson (UNCA) – 6-7 (5), 6-4, 6-3
4. Tyler Begg (UNCA) def. Luis Olivera (LU) – 6-3, 6-4
5. Joseph May (UNCA) def. Juan Reyes (LU) – 6-4, 6-4
6. Damien Snare (UNCA) def. Fabricio Picanco (LU) – 6-3, 7-5