Game Day Central: Monmouth
Game Day Central Page
Note: Includes all important Game Day links (Live Stats, Live Video, Live Audio, Williams Stadium info, Directions, Parking, Ticket information, etc.)
Monmouth Game Notes
Liberty Flames Sports Network
LFSN TV Network Affiliates List
Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Mike Tilley
Color Commentator: Ray Jones
Erin McKeown, D.J. Jordan, Paul Rutigliano & Pat Kelly
Liberty Flames Sports Network
LFSN Radio Network Affiliates List
• Pregame: 7 p.m.
• Kickoff: 7:07 p.m.
Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Alan York
Color Commentator: Paul Rutigliano
Sidelines: Nick Pierce
Pregame: Jamie Hall, Matt Camire & Nick Pierce
Series with Monmouth:
• Saturday will be the first meeting in the series between the two programs.
• Monmouth is one of four first-time opponents on Liberty's 2013 schedule.
• Other first-time matchups for Liberty in 2013 include: Richmond (9/28), Old Dominion (10/5) and Brevard (11/16).
• Liberty will start to face Monmouth more frequently in coming years as the Hawks will become an associate member of the Big South Conference in 2014.
Home Opener Notes:
• Liberty's record in its first home game of the year: 25-14-1.
• Liberty in its last 10 home-opening games: 9-1.
• Liberty lost its last home opener to No. 24 Norfolk State, 31-24, on Sept. 8, 2012.
• The Norfolk State game was Liberty's first home game under head coach Turner Gill.
• Prior to the setback against Norfolk State in 2012, Liberty had won its last nine home-opening games in a row.
#FilltheBill for 25 Seasons
• The Monmouth game will mark the beginning of Liberty's 25th season of competition at Williams Stadium.
• Liberty has posted a 89-43 record in 24 seasons at Williams Stadium (67.4 winning percentage)
• Liberty won its first game played at Williams Stadium, defeating Towson, 37-18, on Oct. 21, 1989.
• Liberty has posted a winning record in 15 out of 24 seasons since starting play at Williams Stadium in 1989.
• Liberty has posted a winning record at Williams Stadium the last seven years.
• Liberty's scoring average at Williams Stadium: 32.21 (4,252 points scored/132 games)
• Liberty's opponent scoring average at Williams Stadium: 19.33 (2,552 points allowed/132 games)
Season Opener Notes:
• Liberty has lost three straight season-opening games and four of its last five first contests of the year, with each of those losses coming at the hands of an FBS opponent.
• Liberty's last four season-opening losses: 2009 at West Virginia (L/ 20-33), 2011 at N.C. State (L/ 21-43), 2012 at Wake Forest (L/ 17-20) and 2013 at Kent State (L/ 10-17).
• Liberty's lone season-opening win during the last five years was a 52-7 victory over St. Francis, Pa., on Sept. 4, 2010, a game that was played at Lynchburg's City Stadium while renovations were completed at Williams Stadium.
• The week following its victory over St. Francis, Pa., Liberty traveled to Muncie, Ind., where it defeated Ball State, 27-23, on Sept. 11, 2010, marking the program's last victory over an FBS opponent.
• Following the setback at Kent State, Liberty is now 19-22 all-time in its first game of the year.
• Liberty also falls to 11-29-1 in its first road game of the year after its seven-point loss at Kent State.