Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Campbell Prevails Over Lady Flames
Liberty prevailed in the No. 1 doubles match, as Jonita Randolph and Martyna Hanusz won by an 8-6 count. However, Campbell rallied to win the other two doubles contests and capture the point in the process.
In singles competition, Randolph was successful at No. 1, as the senior recovered from dropping the initial set to win the contest in three. The South Carolina native remained undefeated on the season, as her record now stands at 4-0. Despite the Randolph victory, Campbell was able to win the match, as the Camels won the remaining five singles contests to end the day's proceedings.
The Lady Flames' record now stands at 2-2 for the season, and they will continue their schedule on Tuesday when they face Longwood in Farmville, Va. Match time is slated for 2 p.m.
1. Jonita Randolph/Martyna Hanusz (LU) def. Scarlet Alfonzo/Blanca Saenz (CAM) – 8-6
2. Ana Surviladze/Nina Surviladze (CAM) def. Ekaterina Kuznetsova/Kathy Waldthausen (LU) – 7-5, retired
3. Liza Bensimon/Iva Stojancev (CAM) def. Livia Branco/Christine Pettit (LU) – 8-0
1. Jonita Randolph (LU) def. Scarlet Alfonzo (CAM) – 3-6, 6-0, 6-2
2. Blanca Saenz (CAM) def. Ekaterina Kuznetsova (LU) – 6-7, 6-4, 10-8
3. Ana Surviladze (CAM) def. Martyna Hanusz (LU) – 6-1, 6-2
4. Iva Stojancev (CAM) def. Livia Branco (LU) – 6-0, 6-2
5. Liz Bensimon (CAM) def. Christine Pettit (LU) – 6-0, 6-0
6. Tanya Ahuja (CAM) def. Daniela Dimas (LU) – 6-0, 6-2