Flames NewsFlames Home > Baseball Home > News
Liberty Travels to No. 30 Campbell for Big South Series
LIBERTY AT No. 30 CAMPBELL
Jim Perry Stadium
Buies Creek, N.C.
Complete Baseball Game Notes
Coverage by the Flames Sports Network
Internet Audio Broadcast: Friday-Sunday FSN Internet Audio
LIVE STATS (GameTracker)
SERIES WITH CAMPBELL: Friday will be the 32nd meeting between Liberty and Campbell on the baseball diamond. Liberty leads the all-time series, 16-15.
• Campbell and Liberty met on the baseball diamond for the first time since 1994, last season. The Flames took two out of the three contests at Worthington Stadium during the regular
season, 4/6-7. Liberty also shutout Campbell during the Big South Tournament in High Point, N.C., 7-0, on 5/24.
• Liberty enters the weekend having won five out of their last six contests and five out of their last six Big South contests. The Flames begin the weekend with an 11-7 conference mark.
• The Flames have posted a 1-1 record to open the month of May. Liberty is 50-25-1 (.664)
in the month of May during head coach Jim Toman's five previous seasons at Liberty. The Flames finished the month of April with a 9-9 mark.
• Liberty swept a three-game Big South series at VMI in its last road outing, 4/26-27. It was the Flames' first weekend road sweep since taking three at Presbyterian College last season (March 16-18).
• The Flames have won four consecutive road games and enter the weekend with a 9-14 mark away from Lynchburg in 2013
• Liberty enters the weekend, hitting .286 with runners in scoring position.
• Liberty 1B Alex Close was named both the Big South and ECAC Players of the Week for the week ending April 28.
• Last Sunday, Liberty scored twice in the eighth for a 4-3 win over the Duke Blue Devils at Liberty Baseball Stadium. A squeeze bunt by 3B Jake Kimble plated the winning run for the Flames.
• With the win, Liberty moves to 18-7 in its first year at Liberty Baseball Stadium.
• The Flames enter the weekend having won five out of their last six contests.
• RHP Josh Richardson and Brooks Roy combined to hold Duke scoreless through the first seven innings, giving up four hits.
• DH Danny Grauer doubled in the game to tie his career-long consecutive hit streak at six games, Sunday.
• OF/RHP Ashton Perritt had two hits, scored a run and recorded his third victory of the
season with two innings of mound work, last Sunday.
• SS Dalton Britt has collected two hits in each of Liberty's last two games.
• Liberty saw its four-game win streak come to a halt, falling to Maryland, 4-2, at Liberty Baseball Stadium, 5/1.
• RF Ashton Perritt had a hit, walked, scored twice and stole two bases against the Terps.
• On 4/29, 1B Alex Close was named the Big South Player of the Week. Close hit .435 with 14 RBIs over a five-game span. Close also hit two home runs and collected four multiple-hit and multiple-RBI games during the week. He also earned ECAC Player honors.
• 2B Bryan Aanderud posted a career-high consecutive game hit streak of 16 games, 4/7-27. The hit streak is the longest by a Flame this season.
• Liberty swept a three-game Big South series at VMI, 4/26-27. It was the Flames' first road weekend sweep since taking three at Presbyterian College last season (March 16-18).
• The Flames won four consecutive road games and enter the weekend with a 9-14 mark away from Lynchburg this season.
• Liberty swept a three-game Big South series at VMI, 4/26-27, the Flames' first road weekend sweep since taking three at Presbyterian College last season (March 16-18).
Grauer Breaks Out
• Over the last 11 games, DH/1B Danny Grauer has hit .421 to raise his batting average for the year to .304. He has also posted a .477 on base percentage.
• During the stretch, Grauer has connected for four home runs, including a grand slam. He leads the Flames with seven home runs for the season.
• He also has added four doubles, posting an .842 slugging percentage during the span.
• Grauer has collected at least one hit in each of his last six games, tying his career-longest consecutive game hit streak.
• On 4/27, Grauer went 3-for-3 with six RBIs and four runs scored in game two of a doubleheader at VMI. All three of his hits were for extra bases, as the Liberty designated hitter connected for a grand slam, a two-run home run and a double. Both his RBI and runs scored totals were career highs.
• Starting the weekend, the junior is among the Big South leaders in RBIs (4th), home runs (tied - 2nd) and slugging pct. (3rd).
Flames Clubhouse Report
• Join the Flames Sports Network's Nick Pierce each week for an look at Flames Baseball.
• The audio show is available at LibertyFlames.com each Tuesday or Wednesday throughout the season.
• Pierce, who bring you all the action of Liberty Flames baseball, takes a look back at the previous week, along with comments from Liberty head coach Jim Toman and key Flames.