Flames NewsFlames Home > Baseball Home > News
Liberty Travels to Maryland, Old Dominion for Midweek Games
LIBERTY AT MARYLAND
Bob "Turtle" Smith Stadium
Tuesday - 4 p.m.
LIBERTY AT OLD DOMINION
Bud Metheny Baseball Complex
Wednesday - 6 p.m.
Complete Baseball Game Notes
Coverage by the Flames Sports Network
Radio: Tuesday - 90.9 FM "the Light"
Internet Audio: Tuesday - FSN Radio Broadcast
Wednesday - FSN Internet Audio
• Tuesday's contest begins a five-game road swing for Liberty. Besides their two midweek games, the Flames will visit VMI for a Big South three-game series, next weekend.
• SERIES WITH MARYLAND: Liberty leads all-time series, 7-4-1.
• Liberty and Maryland did not meet last season. The last time the two met was March 15-16, 2011 in a two-game series in College Park, Md. The two teams split the series.
• The Terrapins are the fourth team from the ACC the Flames have faced this season.
• SERIES WITH OLD DOMINION: Old Dominion leads the all-time series, 34-21.
• Liberty took the first meeting between the Flames and the Monarchs last Tuesday, 6-2, at Liberty Baseball Stadium.
• Liberty and Old Dominion have met on the baseball diamond in 16 out of the past 18 years.
2006 and 2011 were the only seasons the two teams did not meet.
• The Flames posted a 3-1 record at home this past week. Liberty is now 17-6 at Liberty
Baseball Stadium this season.
• Liberty is 5-13 on the road this season.
• Liberty enters the week, hitting .282 with runners in scoring position.
• The Flames posted a 3-1 record at home this past week. Liberty is now 17-6 at Liberty Baseball Stadium this season.
• Today, RHP Trey Lambert was named the Big South Pitcher of the Week for games played April 15-21.
• This past Sunday, RHP Trey Lambert won his sixth game and pitched his third complete game of 2013 in a 3-1 victory over Winthrop. Lambert allowed one run on six hits over nine innings and tied his career-high for strikeouts with nine.
• Saturday, RHP Brooks Roy gave up one run over seven innings to pick up the win in the second game of a doubleheader with Winthrop
• OF/RHP Ashton Perritt had three hits, drove in two runs, scored a run and pitched two scoreless innings, earning a save in the contest. The save was Perritt's fourth on the year. He also pitched a scoreless ninth in Liberty's 6-2 win over Old Dominion on Tuesday.
• RHP Josh Richardson pitched seven scoreless innings of relief this past week. Richardson threw two scoreless innings in Liberty's win, Tuesday. He also pitched five scoreless frames against Winthrop in game one of a doubleheader, Saturday.
• With his two appearances during the week, Richardson now leads the Flames in appearances with 16.
Lambert Tabbed Big South Pitcher of the Week
• Liberty pitcher Trey Lambert was named the Big South Conference Pitcher of the Week for games played April 15-21, Monday. The honor marks his first Pitcher of the Week plaudit of his career.
• Lambert struck out nine Winthrop hitters, en route to a complete game, 3-1 win over the Eagles on Sunday.
• After allowing a run in the first inning, Lambert pitched eight scoreless innings.
• The performance was his second consecutive complete game and third of the season for the right-hander.
• With the win, the right-hander moves to 6-3 on the year. He leads the Flames in both wins and innings pitched (61.2).
Flames Clubhouse Report
• Join the Flames Sports Network's Nick Pierce each week for an look at Flames Baseball.
• The audio show is available at LibertyFlames.com each Tuesday or Wednesday throughout the season.
• Pierce, who bring you all the action of Liberty Flames baseball, takes a look back at the previous week, along with comments from Liberty head coach Jim Toman and key Flames.