Flames NewsFlames Home > Baseball Home > News
Liberty Hosts James Madison, Travels to No. 1 North Carolina During Midweek
JAMES MADISON AT LIBERTY
Liberty Baseball Stadium
Tuesday - 6 p.m.
LIBERTY AT NO. 1 NORTH CAROLINA
Chapel Hill, N.C.
Wednesay - 6 p.m.
Coverage by the Flames Sports Network
Audio Broadcast: Tuesday & Wednesday - FSN Internet Audio
LIVE STATS (GameTracker)
• Liberty's game at Coastal Carolina this past Saturday began a stretch of eight games in nine days for the Flames.
• OF/RHP Ashton Perritt collected two hits in each of of the first two games of the Coastal Carolina series. Perritt hit the first home run of his career, Sunday night. He also had a hit on Monday to bat .417 for the series.
• Perritt also gave the Flames a strong mound appearance last week. The sophomore took over in the fifth inning against No. 4 Virginia and finished the contest for the Flames. last Tuesday. The sophomore did not allow a hit or run over final five frames. He struck out a career-high six Cavaliers and did not walk a batter.
• RHP Carson Herndon pitched into the eighth inning for the second consecutive start against Coastal
Carolina this past Saturday. In his prior start, he pitched the first complete game of his career.
• Sunday evening at Coastal Carolina, LHP Jared Lyons pitched 5 2/3 scoreless innings of relief. It was
the longest relief appearance of Lyons' career. He struck out a career-high seven Coastal Carolina batters
in the outing.
• Last Tuesday's contest between Virginia and Liberty at Liberty Baseball Stadium was sold out. It was the first time the Cavaliers played in Lynchburg since April 5, 2005. The Flames are 12-3 at home this season.
• SERIES WITH JAMES MADISON: Tuesday night will be the 65th meeting all-time between the two teams since 1976. James Madison leads the all-time series, 35-29.
• James Madison took the first of three meetings between the two teams this season on March 27 at Veterans Memorial Park in Harrisonburg, Va.
• James Madison is Liberty's most common non-conference opponent in program history.
• SERIES WITH NORTH CAROLINA: Wednesday night will be the 16th meeting all-time between the two teams. Liberty claimed its first victory in the series with a 5-3 win in Chapel Hill, N.C., last season
• Liberty is 12-3 (.800) at the new Liberty Baseball Stadium and 5-12 (.294) on the road this season.