Flames NewsFlames Home > Men's Tennis Home > News
Liberty Men's Tennis Defeated by Appalachian State
Liberty's top doubles team, the pairing of Jarda Trojan and Chad Simpson, continued to play well, as they remained unbeaten on the young season. The Flames' duo won the No. 1 doubles match by an 8-6 count, improving their record to 4-0. However, Liberty could not duplicate that success in the remaining two doubles contests, and the Mountaineers took the doubles point.
In singles, homestanding Appalachian State prevailed in all six contests.
The Flames, now 2-2 on the season, return to action on Tuesday, as they travel to Bristol, Va., to take on Virginia Intermont. Match time is scheduled for 2 p.m.
1. Jarda Trojan/Chad Simpson (LU) def. Trent Constance/Ryan Brookshaw (ASU) 8-6
2. Dimitar Dimitrov/Peter Jacobs (ASU) def. Sebastian Pena/Luis Olivera (LU) 8-3
3. Lee Floyd/David Doverspike (ASU) def. Fabricio Picanco/Franco Valdez (LU) 8-3
1. Trent Constance (ASU) def. Jarda Trojan (LU) 6-1, 6-1
2. Ryan Brookshaw (ASU) def. Sebastian Pena (LU) 6-3, 6-3
3. Dimitar Dimitrov (ASU) def. Chad Simpson (LU) 6-3, 6-1
4. Lee Floyd (ASU) def. Fabricio Picanco (LU) 6-1, 6-1
5. Peter Jacobs (ASU) def. Franco Valdez (LU) 6-1, 6-0
6. David Doverspike (ASU) def. Juan Reyes (LU) 6-2, 6-1