Flames NewsFlames Home > Baseball Home > News
Liberty Heads to High Point for Big South Series
LIBERTY AT HIGH POINT
Coy O. Willard Stadium
High Point, N.C.
• Due to weather considerations, the Flames and Panthers will meet in a doubleheader on Friday and a single game on Saturday.
Complete Baseball Game Notes
Coverage by the Flames Sports Network
Radio Broadcast: Friday - Game 2 & Saturday - 90.9 FM "The Light"
Video: Friday & Saturday Big South Network
• SERIES WITH High Point - Liberty leads the all-time series, 40-23, and is 12-3 under head coach Jim Toman
• Liberty opened its Big South Conference schedule with a three-game sweep of Charleston Southern last weekend.
• Liberty is now 34-28 in Big South opening three-game series.
• With the home sweep, the Flames are 10-1 at the new Liberty Baseball Stadium this season.
• Liberty has started the month of March with 9-5 (.643) record. The Flames are 376-290-2 (.564) all-time in the month of March.
• After falling to Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Va., this past Tuesday, Liberty is now 4-6 on the road this year.
• Liberty Flames head coach Jim Toman recorded his 200th victory with an 8-4 win over Charleston Southern, last Saturday.
• Toman joins Al Worthington as the only two coaches to win 200 games in program history. He currently holds a .638 winning percentage in his five-plus seasons with the Flames.
• Liberty enters the week, hitting .300 with runners in scoring position.
• The Flames enter the weekend with a 6-1 record in games played on Sundays and has outscored its opponents on the first day of the week, 43 to 23.
• This past Tuesday, CF Ryan Cordell had three hits, including his third home run of the year, at Virginia Tech.
• SS Jake Kimble had two hits and two RBIs after coming in the sixth inning, Tuesday.
• OF/RHP Ashton Perritt had two hits in his first action in the field this season, Tuesday. He also scored a run.
• Last weekend, Liberty opened Big South play with a three-game sweep of Charleston Southern
• C Trey Wimmer lead the way for the Flames, hitting .500 , with eight RBIs and four extra base hits in the three-game series. On Friday, he hit his second home run of the year in Liberty's 8-2 win.
• The C is currently on an nine-game hitting streak, fueled by a six-game span in which he had two hits in each contest.
• Danny Grauer's first home run came in dramatic fashion, Sunday. With Liberty trailing 1-0 and two outs in the seventh, Grauer ripped the first pitch he saw over the left field wall for a three-run home run in Liberty's 3-1 win over Charleston Southern. Grauer also had a bases-clearing single, Friday.
• RHP Trey Lambert became the first Liberty pitcher to go the full nine innings this season, running his record to 4-0 on the year on Sunday. The complete game was the first of the junior's career. The Flames RHP retired the first 10 Buccaneer batters on the afternoon and allowed the visitors only one hit through the first six innings. For the game, he allowed one run on three hits and struck out a career-high six batters.
Lacik Thrives in Leadoff Position
• LF Nick Lacik was moved into leadoff spot in the Flames' batting order in an 11-8 victory over Georgia on March 10.
• Lacik had his first three-hit game of the year in the contest and also had three RBIs.
• In seven games as Liberty's leadoff hitter, Lacik is hitting .375 and has an on base percentage of .433.
• He also has hit .500 with runners in scoring position.
Getting it Done on Sunday
• Liberty enters the weekend with a 6-1 record in games played on Sundays and has outscored its opponents on the first day of the week, 43 to 23.
• The Flames are also 4-0 in three-game series finales, which have also all been played on Sunday.
Flames Clubhouse Report
• Join the Flames Sports Network's Nick Pierce each week for an look at Flames Baseball.
• The audio show is available at LibertyFlames.com each Tuesday or Wednesday throughout the season.
• Pierce, who bring you all the action of Liberty Flames baseball, takes a look back at the previous week, along with comments from Liberty head coach Jim Toman and key Flames.