Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Basketball Home > News
WBB Game Day Central: No. 5 seed Campbell
Provided by the Flames Sports Network
Broadcast - Tip-Off:
8 p.m. vs. Campbell
The Light (90.9 FM WWMC)
• Liberty Head Coach Carey Green is now 335-109 in his 14th season at Liberty, including 4-1 against Campbell. (He was not present for the Lady Flames' quarterfinal win over Gardner-Webb on Friday due to the death of his father, A.J. Green, earlier this week.)
• Campbell Head Coach Wanda Watkins is nearing a coaching milestone as she is 498-400 in her 32nd season with the Camels, including 12-11 versus Liberty.
• Liberty is 11-12 all-time against Campbell, making the Camels the only current Big South team to own a winning record against the Lady Flames.
• Liberty is 1-1 versus Campbell in the Big South Championship, but the two teams have not squared off since the 1993 quarterfinals.
• Campbell defeated Liberty in the 1992 semifinals, 73-68, before the Lady Flames ousted the Camels in the next season's quarterfinal round, 66-57.
• Liberty won both of its regular-season matchups against Campbell and is 4-0 against the Camels since they rejoined the Big South for the 2011-12 season.
• Campbell's most recent victory against the Lady Flames was a 64-59 win in Lynchburg on Nov. 29, 1999. That was Carey Green's third game as Liberty's head coach.
• Liberty posted a 65-58 home win over Campbell on Jan. 19, which marked the first game of the Lady Flames' current 12-game winning streak.
• Tolu Omotola paced Liberty with a double-double (15 points, 11 rebounds) and contributed to the Lady Flames' +27 rebound margin.
• The Lady Flames held Campbell to 11.8 percent three-point shooting, as the Camels went 2-of-17.
• Liberty faced Campbell again 12 days later in Buies Creek, recording a 78-56 victory.
• Devon Brown scored a game-high 17 points in just 21 minutes and Ashley Rininger had 13 points and 10 boards off the bench.
• Liberty again dominated the glass, outrebounding the Camels, 51-25.
Big South Championship Notes
• Liberty has reached the Big South Championship semifinal round for the 17th straight year.
• The Lady Flames are 15-3 all-time in the Big South semifinals and have won each of their last five semifinal contests.
• Liberty is 0-1 against Campbell in the semifinal round.
• Liberty is 42-1 all-time in the Big South Championship when favored according to seed.
• The Lady Flames are now 2-0 at The HTC Center and have won 18 straight games in Conway overall.
• Liberty has also won 12 straight games away from home since a loss at Baylor on Nov. 23.
• Liberty basketball teams are 4-0 at The HTC Center, including the men's basketball team's 2-0 record in this year's Big South Men's Basketball Championship.
• The Lady Flames will look to continue a streak which has seen either Liberty or Radford play in the Big South Championship title game every time it has been contested.
• Head Coach Carey Green is 36-2 all-time in Big South Championship contests.
• Liberty has reached the Big South Championship title game in 12 of Carey Green's first 13 seasons, winning 11 titles.
• The Lady Flames have won 10 straight Saturday games and are 13-1 on Saturday this season.
A Look Back at Friday's 78-61 Win over Gardner-Webb
• Liberty never trailed during the game, making eight triples during the first 11:44 and racing out to a 34-15 lead.
• The Lady Flames shot 11-of-16 (68.8 percent) from three-point range, equaling their season high for made triples and extending their single-season program record to 163 three-pointers.
• Eight of Liberty's triples came in the first half, equaling the tournament record for three-pointers in a half.
• All three of Gardner-Webb's losses in tournament history have come at the hands of the Lady Flames.
• For the 26th straight game, Liberty's opponent shot below 50 percent, as Gardner-Webb ended the contest at 30.5 percent (18-of-59) from the field.
• In a battle between the top two rebounding teams in the Big South, Liberty grabbed 49 boards to the Runnin' Bulldogs' 32.
• Devon Brown scored a game-high 23 points in just 24 minutes, while adding a career-high six steals and a season-high four assists.
• Reagan Miller made 4-of-5 from three-point range for a season-high 17 points.
• Brittany Campbell (3-of-5) also shot well from long range during an 11-point outing.
• Tolu Omotola recorded her eighth double-double of the year with 10 points and 11 rebounds.
• Jasmine Gardner posted double-digit rebounds for the second straight game, pulling down 11 caroms of her own.