Flames NewsFlames Home > Men's Basketball Home > News
MBB Game Day Central: Austin Peay
Game Day Central Page
Note: Includes all important Game Day links (live video, live audio, live stats, etc.)
Liberty returns to the Vines Center on Saturday, playing host to Austin Peay in its final matchup in the Ramada Worldwide BracketBusters series. The contest marks the first-ever meeting between the two squads. Tipoff is slated for 4 p.m., with the contest streamed live on the Big South Network.
What to Watch for
- With his six three-pointers at Longwood on Tuesday, Davon Marshall is now fifth in school history for three-point field goals in a single season, surpassing Matt Hildebrand (73, 1994). The junior needs just two more to move to the No. 4 spot. Marshall proved in the final minute against the Lancers that he can knock down a pair of treys in about eight seconds, so consider it academic.
- While Marshall was the first Liberty player in nearly three years to record 30 points in a single game, John Caleb Sander's 24-point effort cannot be overlooked. In the last five games, the Sugar Land Texas native has averaged 22.2 ppg. Sanders needs just 26 more tallies to reach 900 in his Liberty career.
- Liberty is 0-4 all-time in the BracketBusters series, having previously lost to Niagara, Old Dominion, Iona and Morgan State. The Flames will have one more chance to garner a win in the series when they welcome the Colonels into the Vines Center on Saturday.
- Andrew Smith received his first career start on Tuesday, finishing with five points, three rebounds and one block in 18 minutes of action. Look for the sophomore's role to increase as the team heads into postseason play.
- Tuesday's matchup could turn into a three-point shooting contest. Liberty is averaging 7.0 three-pointers on the season compared to 7.5 for the Governors.