Flames NewsFlames Home > Baseball Home > News
Liberty Faces Radford in Non-conference Tilt
LIBERTY AT RADFORD
RU Baseball Stadium (800)
Tuesday - 3:30 p.m.
Complete Baseball Game Notes
Coverage by the Flames Sports Network
The Light (90.9 FM WWMC)
LIVE STATS (GameTracker)
• Liberty leads the all-time series, 52-29. Radford has been
• Liberty's most common opponent in program history.
• The last time the two met, the Flames took two-out-of three from the Highlanders at RU
Baseball Field, May 17-19.
• Liberty has posted a 23-14 record against the Highlander at Radford.
• Liberty started the year by going 1-2 at No. 5 South Carolina.
• The Flames recorded 3-2 win over No. 5 South Carolina on Sunday. The Gamecocks are the highest ranked team that Liberty has ever beaten.
• Each game in the South Carolina series was decided by one run.
• Liberty is 83-40 (.675) all-time in the month of February. The Flames are 27-11 (.711) under head coach Jim Toman. Last season, Liberty jumped out to a 9-1 start in the month of Feb.
Cordell Named Big South Player of the Week
• Liberty outfielder Ryan Cordell has been named the Big South Conference Baseball Player of the Week for games played during the opening week of the 2013 season.
• Cordell hit .462, posting six hits and a team-high five RBIs against No. 5 South Carolina this past weekend. The OF had multiple hits in all three games and highlighted the series with a pair of hits and three RBIs in game one of Sunday's doubleheader.
• The centerfielder notched extra base hits in all three contests and ripped a triple in the series finale to lead the Flames to a 3-2 win. In the three-game span, he had a .760 slugging percentage.
• It is the second Big South Player of the Week award for Cordell during his career. Last season, the outfielder was named Co-Player of the Week for games played April 10-17.
Notes from South Carolina Series
• Each game of the series was decided by one run.
• South Carolina was ranked No. 5 nationally. Liberty defeated South Carolina on Sunday, 3-2, in the second game of a doubleheader. The Gamecocks are the highest ranked team that
Liberty has ever beaten.
• OF Ryan Cordell hit .462 during the weekend series. The junior had two hits in each game and posted a .462 OBA. He had a team-leading five RBIs and three extra bases hits, two doubles and one triple.
• OF Justin Sizemore hit the first Liberty home run of the season during Liberty's 3-2 win in game two of the doubleheader, Sunday. Sizemore hit .333 on the weekend.
• RHP Brooks Roy pitched five scoreless innings during his first start of the season in game one of the doubleheader, Sunday.
• RHP Trey Lambert recorded the victory in the second game of Sunday's doubleheader. RHP Ashton Perritt earned his first save in closing out the contest.