Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Liberty Women's Tennis Runs Record to 2-0
The contest's doubles action saw some of the match's closest play. Liberty's top doubles pair, Jonita Randolph and Martyna Hanusz, started the action with an 8-5 win. At No. 2 doubles, Ekaterina Kuznetsova and Daniela Dimas won a tight 8-6 contest, and Livia Branco and Christine Pettit captured the No. 3 doubles match by an 8-3 count.
The Lady Flames also swept through the singles competition. Randolph won handily her No. 1 match, as did Kuznetsova at No. 2. Hanusz and Dimas were both extended to three sets, before outlasting their competitors for victories. Branco and Pettit wrapped up the sweep with straight-set wins at the No. 5 and 6 positions.
With the 7-0 win, the Lady Flames have yet to lose an individual match on the young season. Liberty will look remain unbeaten when they host UNC Wilmington on Feb. 17, indoors at the Sports Racket. Match time is scheduled for 6 p.m.
1. Jonita Randolph/Martyna Hanusz (LU) def. Fiorella Valdivia/Lerissa Morris (NSU) – 8-5
2. Ekaterina Kuznetsova/Daniela Dimas (LU) def. Flaminia Migone/Brittany Foster (NSU) - 8-6
3. Livia Branco/Christine Pettit (LU) def. Donita Peterson/Ashlee Daugherty (NSU) - 8-3
1. Jonita Randolph (LU) def. Fiorella Valdivia (NSU) – 6-1, 6-2
2. Ekaterina Kuznetsova (LU) def. Lerissa Morris (NSU) – 6-3, 6-1
3. Martyna Hanusz (LU) def. Flaminia Migone (NSU) – 6-3, 4-6, 6-1
4. Daniela Dimas (LU) def. Brittany Foster (NSU) – 2-6, 6-2, 6-0
5. Livia Branco (LU) def. Donita Peterson (NSU) – 6-1, 6-0
6. Christine Pettit (LU) def. Ashlee Daugherty (NSU) – 6-2, 6-2