Flames NewsFlames Home > Men's Basketball Home > News
Game Day Central: Presbyterian College
Game Day Central Page
Note: Includes all important Game Day links (live video, live audio, live stats, etc.)
Complete Game Notes
Liberty returns to action, Saturday night, continuing Big South play against Presbyterian College. The Flames are looking to bounce back from a narrow double overtime loss to High Point on Wednesday, while the Blue Hose seek their first conference win of the season. Liberty is 6-5 all-time against PC and hopes to pick up its second straight win inside the Templeton Center. Tipoff is slated for 7 p.m.
What to Watch for
- Tavares Speaks has posted double digit scoring figures in seven straight games, the longest active streak of any Liberty player. Speaks' best performance occurred Wednesday night, finishing with a career-high 20 points. Can the senior make it eight straight games, Saturday?
- John Caleb Sanders needs just two points to reach 700 for his Liberty career. The Sugar
Land, Texas native is coming off a 19-point performance at High Point. With Sanders' scoring numbers continuing to climb, a layup should be academic.
- After having its third best shooting performance of the season against Coastal Carolina
(.476), the Flames tied their second lowest shooting percentage of the season at High Point (.333). Liberty will look to return to form on Saturday against the Blue Hose.
- While Liberty hit six three-pointers against the Panthers, the team finished the night shooting 20.7 percent from downtown, its lowest three-point field goal percentage of the season. The Flames will try to turn things around against the Blue Hose, who are 11th overall among Big South teams in three-point field goal defense, this season (.370).
- Liberty tied its lowest mark of the season in turnovers, Wednesday, committing 10 miscues against High Point. The Flames are at least hoping for a repeat performance against Presbyterian. This season, the Blue Hose are forcing an average of 10.2 turnovers per game.