Flames NewsFlames Home > News
Liberty Navigates Past Lewis & Clark, 6-1
The Liberty men's tennis team resumed its winning ways on Friday, halting its two-match losing skid by triumphing over the Lewis & Clark Pioneers, 6-1, at the Lewis & Clark Tennis Dome.
The victory pushes the Flames back above .500 at 3-2, while the Pioneers suffer a loss in their first match of the season.
Liberty picked up the doubles point after sweeping the three contests. Egon Samaai and Dillon Segur knocked off Michael Brewer and Kevin Ross in the top spot, 8-4. Stan Vaughan and Alejandro Llamas downed Daniel Hahm and Cameron Smith, 8-6, in the No. 2 position. The No. 3 match resulted in an 8-6 win for the Flames' Guillem Secanell and Josiah Boda against Carter Gee-Taylor and Morgan Joyce.
In singles play, Liberty head coach Chris Johnson shuffled up his lineup. Samaai moved up to the No. 1 position and didn't disappoint, dominating Brewer in straight sets, 6-1, 6-1. Llamas knocked off Ross, 6-4, 6-7, 10-8, in the No. 2 position.
Vaughan routed Hahm, 6-1, 6-1, in the No. 3 spot, while Secanell defeated Scott Monismith, 7-5, 6-0 at No. 4. Making his season debut, Dillon Segur won convincingly over Smith, 6-1, 6-1, in the No. 5 position.
The Pioneers' lone point came in the No. 6 spot when Joyce beat Boda, 6-4, 6-0.
Liberty resumes play tomorrow at 4 p.m. (EST) with a match at Portland. Live stats and live video links for the contest are available on LibertyFlames.com on the men's tennis schedule/results page.
Liberty 6, Lewis & Clark 1
1. Egon Samaai (LU) def. Michael Brewer (L&C), 6-1, 6-1
2. Alejandro Llamas (LU) def. Kevin Ross (L&C), 6-4, 6-7, 10-8
3. Stan Vaughan (LU) def. Daniel Hahm (L&C), 6-1, 6-1
4. Guillem Secanell (LU) def. Scott Monismith (L&C), 7-5, 6-0
5. Dillon Segur (LU) def. Cameron Smith (L&C), 6-1, 6-1
6. Morgan Joyce (L&C) def. Josiah Boda (LU) 6-4, 6-0
1. Egon Samaai/Dillon Segur (LU) def. Michael Brewer/Kevin Ross (L&C), 8-4
2. Stan Vaughan/Alejandro Llamas (LU) def. Daniel Hahm/Cameron Smith (L&C), 8-6
3. Guillem Secanell/Josiah Boda (LU) def. Carter Gee-Taylor/Morgan Joyce (L&C), 8-6