Flames NewsFlames Home > Baseball Home > News
Liberty to Face Duke in Midweek Tilt
LIBERTY AT DUKE
March 5 - 3 p.m.
Jack Coombs Field
LSFN Radio Broadcast: 90.9 "The Light FM"
Live Stats (Provided by Duke Athletics): Wednesday's Game
• After posting a 3-1 mark in the Liberty Invitational this past weekend, Liberty has won four of its last five games.
• Liberty opened 2014 by playing eight of its first nine games on the road. The Flames enter Wednesday's contest with a 4-4 record away from Lynchburg. Liberty is 1-2 in away games and 3-2 in neutral site contests.
• Wednesday's Liberty-Duke game was originally scheduled for Tuesday at Liberty Baseball Stadium, but inclement weather forced the contest to be moved to Durham, N.C. Liberty will now host Duke on April 1.
• INF Ryan Seiz has been named the National Collegiate Baseball Writers (NCBWA) National Hitter of the Week for the week ending March 2 and was selected the Big South Conference Player of the Week.
• Seiz posted a .579 batting average, scoring six times and driving in five runs during five games, last week. He not only had a hit in each of the Flames' five games, but collected three three-hit games in his last four contests.
• The INF hit .667 with five extra base hits during Liberty Invitational, this past weekend. He had three three-hit games during the tournament.
• INF Dalton Britt drove in a career-high four RBIs in win over Ball St., Saturday
• 1B/C Alex Close collected five runs with three hits in win over Rider, Sunday
• Freshman OF/1B Andrew Yacyk collected career-highs with four hits and three runs in win vs. Rider, 3/2
• The OF collected the first three-hit game of his career in 2-1 victory over Missouri, 2/25.
• OF Nick Lacik posted a career-high seven game hit streak, Feb. 14-Feb. 22. The hit streak is the longest for a Flame this season.
Seiz Named NCBWA National Hitter, Conference Player of the Week
• Liberty infielder Ryan Seiz has been named the National Collegiate Baseball Writers (NCBWA) National Hitter of the Week and was selected the Big South Conference Player of the Week for the period ending March 2.
• Seiz becomes the second Liberty hitter to receive the weekly in-season award from the NCBWA, as OF Doug Bream was named the organization's National Hitter of the Week in April of 2011.
• The infielder is the first Flames' player to earn the Big South Conference Player of the Week award this season.
• Seiz posted a .579 batting average, scoring six times and driving in five runs during five games, as Liberty recorded a 4-1 mark last week. He not only had a hit in each of the Flames' five games, but collected three three-hit games in his last four contests.
• Seiz had three doubles and a triple and belted his third home of the season, Sunday to finish the week with a 1.000 slugging percentage. In addition, he posted a .609 on base percentage.
Flames Clubhouse Report
• Join the Liberty Flames Sports Network's Nick Pierce each week for a look at Flames Baseball.
• The audio show is available at LibertyFlames.com each week throughout the season.
• Pierce, who brings you all the action of Liberty Flames baseball, takes a look back at the previous week, along with comments from Liberty head coach Jim Toman and key Flames.