Liberty FlamesFlames Home > Baseball > Policies & Fan Guide
BASEBALL FAN GUIDE
Inclement Weather Policy
As baseball is an outdoor event, inclement weather may cause Liberty Athletics to make schedule changes to games throughout the season. When this occurs, the following policies will apply to tickets for that game:
If the game is POSTPONED:
The game is deferred to a later date, either a) prior to gates opening, or (b) after play has been has begun, and a provision is made to resume at a later date with all scores and other performance statistics up to the point of postponement added to those achieved in the resume portion of the game. In this instance, reserved seat ticket holders may bring their ticket stub to the ticket office for the same seat on the rescheduled or resumed game date. General Admission ticket holders may also bring their ticket to the gate for entry on the rescheduled or resumed game date.
If a game is CANCELLED:
The game is nullified and no provision is made for rescheduling it or for including its score or other performance statistics in records. In this instance, fans may: (a) exchange their ticket in advance for a General Admission ticket to any other regular season game by calling the Liberty Flames Ticket Office at (434) 582-SEAT (7328) during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 6 pm., or (b) bring their ticket stub to the gate for General Admission seating at any remaining regular season home game, subject to seat availability at the time of arrival.
If the game is MOVED TO AN EARLIER DATE OR TIME...
The start time of a game is re-scheduled to an earlier date or time to ensure that it is played. In this instance, fans may: (a) exchange their ticket in advance for a General Admission ticket to any other regular season game by calling the Liberty Flames Ticket Office at (434) 582-SEAT (7328) during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm., or (b) bring their ticket stubs to the gate for General Admission seating at any remaining regular season home game, subject to seat availability at the time of arrival.
If a game is RELOCATED:
The location/facility of the event is changed. In this instance, fans may: (a) exchange their ticket in advance for a General Admission ticket to any other regular season game by calling the Liberty Flames Ticket Office at (434) 582-SEAT (7328) during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 6 pm., or (b) bring their ticket stubs to the gate for General Admission seating at any remaining regular season home game, subject to seat availability at the time of arrival.
If a game is TERMINATED:
The game ends short of a full designated time of play, is officially recorded as a completed game, and no provisions are made to resume it at a later date. In this instance, no exchange will be available.
If a game is SUSPENDED:
The play of the game is temporarily halted for a short duration after the contest begins. In this instance, no exchange will be available.
If the game is DELAYED:
The start of a game is delayed to a later time on the same date. In this instance, no exchange will be available.
Due to the nature of baseball as an outdoor game, there are no refunds for tickets once purchased.
In the event that inclement weather may play any role in time changes, fans are encouraged to visit LibertyFlames.com for the latest on the status of the game. Fans may also call the Liberty Flames Ticket Office at (434) 582-SEAT (7328), Monday through Friday, 9 am to 6 pm for information and questions on ticket policies related to a specific game.
Baseball Fan Guide:
All guests entering the Liberty Baseball Stadium must have a valid ticket in order to gain admission to a Liberty Flames baseball game. Children ages 2 and under are not required to have a ticket to gain admission, however they must sit on the lap of an adult. Liberty University students must present a valid Flames Pass in order to gain admission.
Announcements and Paging
Announcements and paging will be done only in the case of an emergency.
The closest ATM machine to the Liberty Baseball Stadium is located in the main hallway of Green Hall.
Banners, Signs, and Flags
Banners, signs and flags are allowed in the Liberty Baseball Stadium as long as they do not impede another spectator’s view of the game and are not covering any venue signage. All banners, signs, and flags must adhere to the Big South Conference Fan Code of Conduct. Liberty University Athletic Game Management reserves the right to remove any banner, sign, or flag that is in violation with this code.
Please contact the Liberty University Police Department for information on bus/RV parking on campus.
Code of Conduct
“The Big South Conference and its member institutions are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience in a responsible fashion. When attending an event, you are required to refrain from following behaviors:
• Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature.
• Intoxication or other signs of impairment that results in irresponsible behavior.
• Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
• Interference with the progress of the event (including throwing objects onto the playing surface).
• Failing to follow instructions of event personnel.
• Verbal or physical harassment of participant, officials, fans or event personnel.
Event attendees are responsible for their conduct. Event staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where fans can enjoy the event free from the above behavior. Event attendees that violate these provisions may be subject to ejection without refund and loss of ticket privileges for future events.”
Concessions are available on the first base side of the concourse at the stadium. Credit cards are accepted.
Liberty University Police and Game Management staff are stationed throughout the Liberty Baseball Stadium in case any fans need assistance.
All gates open one hour prior to start time.
• Entry into the stadium is allowed for batting practice. All non-event personnel will be asked to exit the stadium 15 minutes prior to gates opening.
• The only entry point of the stadium during the 2013 season is on the first base side.
• A valid ticket or credential is required to enter the stadium once gates open.
1971 University Blvd, Lynchburg, VA 24502
Handicap Guest Services
Handicapped parking is available near the Liberty Baseball Stadium. Guests will need the proper handicap placard issued by the state motor vehicle department on display in their vehicle to access the handicap parking.
Contact the closest Game Management staff member or Liberty University Police Officer.
A parking permit provide by the Flames Club will be required to access a reserved parking lot at select games. Call the Flame Club at 434-592-2582 for more information.
Roster cards are available free of charge each game near the concession stand.
Prohibited items at the Liberty Baseball Stadium are, but are not limited to:
• Weapons (except as allowed by LU Weapons Policy)
Re-entry is allowed at the Liberty Baseball Stadium. However, a valid ticket is required for re-entry.
Restrooms are available on the first base side of the concourse of the Liberty Baseball Stadium.
Guests are subject to inspection and search for prohibited items. All guests entering Williams Stadium will be subject to a visual search by stadium personal upon entering the gates. All bags are subject to search by stadium personnel.
• Only one space per car should be used; aisles may be utilized for tailgate parties in designated tailgate areas
• Driving or parking private vehicles on any and all green spaces and sidewalks is prohibited
• Tents or canopies must be secured and may not obstruct sidewalks, drive lanes or pedestrian walkways
• Tents should be secured by sandbags, water buckets, or stakes not more than 1’ long
• Tailgating amenities including furniture, grills, generators or satellite dishes, may not obstruct sidewalks, drive lanes or pedestrian walkways
• Open flames, other than grills, are NOT permitted
• All trash must be disposed in appropriate trash receptacles or packed and removed
• Disposal of grease, hot coals or hazardous materials onto the ground or into storm drains is prohibited
• Hot coals are to be retained in metal containers, and must be carried out or left in the metal container on concrete for pickup and disposal by Liberty Grounds
• All generators must be equipped with a noise reducing device (manufacturer-approved cover or muffler); special care and consideration should be taken when managing fuel and extension cords affiliated with generators
• Motorized recreational vehicles, including four-wheelers, golf carts, mules, gators, scooters, motorized skateboards, etc., are prohibited
• Pets are not permitted near the stadium or in the tailgating areas
• Liberty does not permit alcohol or tobacco on campus
• No overnight occupancy is permitted in tailgating areas or on the Liberty campus
• All tailgating lots must be vacated within three hours of the conclusion of the game
If there are any issues with your seats or tickets upon entry into the Liberty Baseball Stadium, please contact the nearest Game Management staff member.
Tickets Prior to Game Day:
Tickets can be purchased in person or via the telephone Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. at the Vines Center Tickets Office. Free 15 minute parking for the ticket office is available in front of the Vines Center Monday through Friday for guests that wish to purchase tickets in person at the ticket office. Tickets can be purchased over the phone by calling (434) 582-SEAT (7328). Tickets may also be purchased 24 hours a day 7 days a week online by visiting the athletic department’s web site at www.libertyflames.com.
Tickets on Game Day:
The Vines Center ticket office hours are Monday-Friday 9:00am -6:00pm. On game day, baseball tickets can be purchased at the baseball stadium ticket office on the first base side. This baseball stadium ticket office opens one hour before start time of each game. Credit cards and cash will be accepted.
Liberty does not permit tobacco or smoking in the stadium or on campus.
Guests are allowed to bring in one 1 liter plastic bottle of water into Liberty Baseball Stadium.
The will call window prior to game day is located at the Vines Center ticket office. The office hours are Monday-Friday 9:00am -6:00pm. On game day, will call tickets can be picked up from the baseball stadium ticket office on the first base side. This ticket office opens one hour before start time of each game. Guests will need to provide valid photo identification in order to pick up tickets.
Player Pass List
Home and Visiting team pass lists open one hour prior to game time. Please see “Gates” for pass list locations.