Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Basketball Home > News
WBB Game Day Central: No. 7 seed Longwood
Game Day Central
Note: Includes all important Game Day links (live video, live audio, live stats, etc.)
Complete Tournament Notes
Supplemental Game Notes
Provided by the Flames Sports Network
Broadcast - Tip-Off:
5 p.m. vs. Longwood
The Light (90.9 FM WWMC)
• Liberty Head Coach Carey Green is now 336-109 in his 14th season at Liberty, including 7-0 against Longwood. (He was not present for the Lady Flames' quarterfinal win over Gardner-Webb on Friday due to the death of his father, A.J. Green., earlier this week. However, he returned to the sidelines for Saturday's semifinal victory over Campbell.)
• Longwood Head Coach Bill Reinson is 27-57 in his third season at Longwood, including 0-3 against Liberty.
• Liberty is 15-15 all-time against Longwood and has won eight straight meetings with the Lancers, including both tilts this season.
• Longwood's most recent victory against the Lady Flames was a 95-88 win in Farmville on Feb. 12, 1988. That was Liberty's last season before joining the NCAA Division I ranks.
• This will be Liberty's first meeting with Longwood in the Big South Championship.
• Liberty won both of its regular-season matchups against Longwood by an average of 37.0 ppg (94-57 average score).
• Liberty posted a 91-58 home win over the Lancers on Jan. 26.
• Emily Frazier dished out a career-high 13 assists, setting the table for Devon Brown's game-high 21 points and Brittany Campbell's career-high 19 points. Ashley Rininger added 16 points and 12 rebounds off the bench.
• Liberty broke open a close game with a 24-2 run that spanned both halves and recorded a 56-30 rebounding edge.
• Liberty faced Longwood again two weeks later in Farmville, notching a 97-56 victory while recording a season-high point total.
• The Lady Flames held Longwood without a made field goal for 10:24 during the first half, going on a 30-3 run during that time.
• Tolu Omotola (19 points, 11 rebounds), Katelyn Adams (13 points, 11 rebounds), Devon Brown (13 points), Reagan Miller (12 points on 4-of-4 three-point shooting) and Emily Frazier (10 points) all scored in double figures.
• Liberty shot a season-high 60.3 percent from the field and outrebounded the Lancers, 54-25.
Big South Championship Notes
• Liberty has reached the Big South Championship final for the sixth straight year and the 16th time in the last 17 seasons.
• The Lady Flames are 14-1 all-time in the Big South final, with their lone loss coming to Gardner-Webb in 2011.
• Liberty's last six visits to the Big South Championship title game (2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012) have been decided by a total of 16 points.
• Liberty is 43-1 all-time in the Big South Championship when favored according to seed.
• The Lady Flames are 2-0 in the Big South Championship title game when facing a No. 7 seed (57-33 win over Coastal Carolina in 2002 and 54-41 win over Birmingham-Southern in 2004).
• The Lady Flames are now 3-0 at The HTC Center and have won 19 straight games in Conway overall.
• Liberty has also won 13 straight games away from home since a loss at Baylor on Nov. 23.
• Liberty basketball teams are 6-0 at The HTC Center, including the men's basketball team's 3-0 record in this year's Big South Men's Basketball Championship.
• With the Liberty men's basketball team playing in the Big South title game on Sunday, Liberty has a chance to become the first Big South school to sweep the men's and women's basketball conference titles since the Flames did so in 2004.
• Either Liberty or Radford have played in the Big South Championship title game every time it has been contested.
• Head Coach Carey Green is 37-2 all-time in Big South Championship contests.
• Liberty has now reached the Big South Championship title game in 13 of Carey Green's 13 seasons at the helm, winning 11 titles.
• Liberty will try to win its 13th Big South Championship title in 14 appearances as the No. 1 seed.
A Look Back at Saturday's 70-56 Win over Campbell
• Campbell opened the game with a 14-3 lead before Liberty recovered. The Lady Flames went in front with an 18-0 first-half run and never trailed again during their 13th consecutive win.
• Devon Brown keyed the victory, finishing with a game-high 25 points and a career high-equaling 14 rebounds. She had 18 points and eight rebounds in the second half alone and moved to within 25 points of 2,000 for her career.
• Liberty made all eight of its free throw attempts in the final 1:12 to seal the win, after leading by only five points (60-55) with 2:33 left. The Lady Flames shot 83.3 percent (15-of-18) from the line for the game.
• Liberty held its 27th straight opponent below 50 percent field goal shooting, as Campbell finished at 40.4 percent (21-of-52) from the floor.
• Liberty won both the rebounding battle (39-22) and points in the paint (38-22) categories in convincing fashion.