You are here: Home > Offices > Student Accounts

Deferred Corporate Tuition Assistance
Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How do I know which Tuition Assistance Program applies to me?

Standard Corporate Tuition Assistance involves the corporation paying Liberty University directly. Deferred Corporate Tuition Assistance involves the company paying the student directly, often reimbursing the student after achieving a certain grade.

  1. What does Deferred Tuition Assistance mean?

Liberty University will allow the student to defer payment until 30 days after the end of the sub-term in which the student is taking course(s). In essence, Liberty offers a payment plan with one “‘balloon payment”’ 30 days after the end of the sub-term. However, 1% of the balance will be automatically drafted from the credit card or checking account provided by the student during Financial Check-In for the desired sub-term.

  1. What if I only enroll in one sub-term? When is my payment due?

Regardless of enrollment, the payment due date remains 30 days after the end date of semester.

  1. What if my employer has not reimbursed me in time to put the money in my account?

You are still responsible for ensuring the account has sufficient funds to pay the scheduled payment. Reimbursement of those funds will be an issue between you and your employer. Contact Student Accounts at 888-632-5551 or for assistance.

  1. What if my grades do not satisfy the conditions set by my employer?

You will still be responsible for payment of your tuition and fees. Contact Student Accounts at 888-632-5551 or for assistance.

  1. What if I drop some of my classes?

If you drop the classes before they start, you will be able to adjust your payment plan. Go back into Financial Check-in beginning with your Summary of Account, review the statement, and click Accept and Continue. The Payment Plan Selection page will show your currently scheduled payment and your adjusted payment amount based on the change in your schedule. Click Accept and Continue, agree to a new contract, and receive a new Confirmation Page reflecting the changes.

  1. Am I eligible for Financial Aid in conjunction with this program?

As long as you meet enrollment requirements and satisfy the appropriate Financial Aid process, you may be eligible. The deferred payment plan does not count against you as an additional resource. For details of your particular situation, be sure to contact our Financial Aid Office.

  1. Do I need to apply for this every semester?

No, only once per calendar year.

  1. Can I use a book voucher when on this program?

Yes; however, payments must be received and on time to continue to use this option and must be reimbursable by your employer.