Returned or Declined Payments
General Information concerning Payment Plan Draft Failure
In the event that one or more of a student's payment plan automated draft payments fail, the student and account holder are both responsible for return or decline. See Check-In Receipt Contract.
Students will be notified via @liberty.edu e-mail account and by phone of any returns/declines. It is the student's responsibility to forward this message to any other financially responsible party.
If you believe there may be a transaction error, please contact your Student Accounts Representative. You may be asked to provide a copy of your bank statement on bank letterhead (online account summary printouts are unacceptable) showing that funds were available. You can reach Student Accounts at (434) 592-3600.
Consequences of Payment Plan Draft Failure
- $35 return/decline fee (non-refundable).
- In the case of two or more returned/declined payment plan installments:
- Students will be ineligible to participate in the Payment Plan Program.
- 100% of balance will be required at Financial Check-In deadlines for all future terms.
- Students will not be able to make online payments via automated checking.
- Cash, money order, or credit card payments must be made with the Student Accounts Cashier.
- If students do not respond to payment plan failure notifications, he/she may be subject to reprimands, loss of services (including dining services), and removal from courses.