International Speakers & Performers
Due to international regulations, a speaker/performer can not be confirmed (the Short Form Service Agreement can not be signed) until the speaker’s/performer’s Non-Payroll Form has been approved by the International Specialist in Human Resources. To guarantee timely payment, the process below needs to be started at least one month before the check is needed.
- The requesting department must complete a Non-Payroll Form (Foreign National Information Form) and submit it to the International Specialist in Human Resources to be approved.
- Once the International Specialist has approved the Non-Payroll Form, the requesting department must submit a requisition and send the documentation below to email@example.com with the requisition number in the subject field.
- written approval (i.e. an email) of the Non-Payroll Form from the International Specialist
- Non-Payroll Form (Foreign National Information Form)
- appropriate Short Form Service Agreement (The service agreement must be signed by Procurement regardless of dollar amount due to international regulations.)
- When the check is ready to be picked up, Accounts Payable will contact the requestor to let him/her know the check is ready. Accounts Payable will require a copy of the speaker’s/performer’s:
- Passport page – with picture and signature (please check passport expiration date)
- Visa type page – showing the type of Visa the person has (F1, J1, etc.)
- Visa entry page – showing the USA stamp with the date he/she entered the USA
- I-94 – given to him/her at the airport
NOTE: Accounts Payable will withhold and pay the taxes (if applicable) to the IRS within 3 days of the engagement date. Accounts Payable will be responsible to send the speaker/performer a tax receipt in January of the following year.
For specific questions regarding the Non-Payroll Form or an individual’s Visa status, please contact the International Specialist in Human Resources by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at (434) 592-7330. If you have any questions about the paperwork Accounts Payable needs or to check the status, please contact Accounts Payable by email at email@example.com or by phone at (434) 592-3166.