Financial Literacy and Your Future
Students and their families should be educated and aware of basic financial information. This includes knowing how to live within one's means, budgeting, and working to achieve financial stability.
This course has reached maximum capacity and enrollment is not available at this time.
FREE Financial Literacy Class at Liberty University:
Our office is once again offering an exciting financial literacy course that is available to every student. The course is provided by the University in collaboration with The Lampo Group, Inc., founded by Dave Ramsey. FNLT 101 is available at no cost, but enrollment is limited. Below are highlights and insights about this wonderful opportunity.
- FNLT 101 is self-paced and divided into five modules: Introduction to Financial Literacy: Properties of Money and Wealth, Saving, Budgeting, Debt, and College Essentials and Career Planning.
- The course utilizes the Foundations of Personal Finance: College Edition materials by Dave Ramsey.
- The course will be available in BlackBoard as FNLT1415:[Section Number] approximately 1-3 business days after registration.
- The Financial Literacy Course Registration Form is available in ASIST. To learn how to complete an electronic form in ASIST, click here.
- The course includes a pre-test, quizzes, and a final exam.
- The short, 20-question final exam requires a grade of 80% or higher to be considered as completed successfully. The exam can be reset an unlimited amount of times by the course instructor.
- For information on Dave Ramsey and Foundations U, click here.
- Step-by-Step Navigation Guide for FNLT 101 1415
- Click here to listen to a quick overview of important statistics surrounding college financing and why completing this course is such a great opportunity!
Planning Your Finances:
Borrowing and Repayment:
Resources and Links: