Anyone interested in receiving federal grants, work study, loans or Liberty University scholarships must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete the FAFSA online. To determine eligibility for federal and some state and institutional aid. All U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens are required to complete the FAFSA each school year.
- Login and sign your FAFSA with your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. The FSA ID, implemented by the U.S. Department of Education (ED) during the 2015-2016 award year, is a username and password that students and parents must create to be able to login to the FAFSA and other Federal student aid websites. You may apply for your FSA ID here, and if you need assistance, check out ED’s FSA ID Frequently Asked Questions.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool if available to save time with submitting information.
- Include Liberty’s school code (010392) on your FAFSA.
- Liberty’s FAFSA priority deadline is March 1 for the Fall semester and October 1 for the Spring semester. We recommend that you renew your FAFSA no less than four months before you intend to start classes.
- If you are selected for Verification, submit all documentation requested as soon as possible to prevent a delay in your aid processing or a loss of your aid eligibility.
- Click here to read the FAFSA and Verification Q&A!
- Once you apply for admission to Liberty University and create your Liberty username and password, you’ll have access to your Liberty email account and your ASIST account. Be sure to check your Liberty email and ASIST account often; this is how the Financial Aid Office will communicate with you.