The Liberty Graduate Scholars Grant Program
Liberty University announces need-based grant program for residential graduate students. This program encourages students to pursue a residential graduate degree and attend classes on Liberty's amazing campus, which includes the newly-dedicated Jerry Falwell Library.
The new Liberty Graduate Scholars Grant Program will allow first-time residential graduate students, including transfer students, to be awarded money each term towards their campus-based master's degree. The Graduate Scholars Grant is available only to U.S. Citizens or U.S. Legal Permanent Residents who are eligible to apply for U.S. Federal financial aid.
Funding for this grant program targets domestic graduate applicants with high undergraduate grade point averages, and a demonstrated financial need.
In order to apply, the student must:
- Have an earned undergraduate degree with a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant must be accepted into a residential master's degree program at Liberty University and be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Complete the FASFA form and show a qualifying calculated 9 month Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the entry year. The EFC is an index score determined from your FASFA that is used by the Financial Aid office to determine what forms of aid are available to you. International students cannot complete the FAFSA or qualify for an EFC.
In order to remain in the Liberty Graduate Scholars Grant Program, the student must:
- Complete the FASFA form each year and complete verification (as applicable) each year.
- Be a full-time domestic student (non-international)
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) according to standards established by the Financial Aid Office.
Awards range from $400-$1000 per semester. See Award Table
PLEASE NOTE: This Grant program does not apply to international students, or students enrolled in School of Divinity, Law School, College of Osteopathic Medicine or Liberty University online.
|Hancock Welcome Center
Monday-Friday, 8 am - 7 pm
Training Champions for Christ since 1971