When & Where
Genesis Project opportunities are all around you. Students take place in many different ministries at many different times.
Genesis Project is open to all Undergraduate and Graduate residential students. Spots are limited each semester so apply early!
The Genesis Project is a program that values ministries which are engaged in work that few are doing or being done in a unique way. The primary objectives are to enhance the theoretical knowledge received in and out of the classroom with practical, hands-on experiences and engage students' philosophical views of ministry (why do we do "ministry" the way we do). Students will be able to both apply and observe many of the tools, principles, and practices learned in and out of the classroom in a live ministry setting. Students accepted into the program are required to complete a minimum of 40 hours of service per semester, participate in a bi-weekly meeting with the Project Coordinator, and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.75. Each participant will receive a $1,700 donation at the end of the semester.
How it Works:
- We identify Liberty students that have a desire to learn and experience what hands-on ministry looks like.
- We provide the student with a donation for their work during the semester.
- We receive feedback from the participating students and churches about their experiences.
- Applications for Fall Semester are due by October 1.
- Applications for Spring Semester are due by March 1.
- Applications for Summer Semester are due by June 15.
- Complete and submit the Genesis Project Application.
- Schedule an interview with the Genesis Project Coordinator, Chad Nelson.
- Complete the Genesis Project Experience Feedback Form at the end of your approved semester
- Have your Pastor/Supervisor complete the Genesis Project Evaluation of Performance Form at the end of your approved semester