1. The average high school GPA of all undergraduate, resident freshmen is 3.35, an increase from 3.34 in 2012.
2. The number one major of undergraduate, resident freshmen is nursing. Second is business. Third is communication studies. Fourth is education, and fifth is psychology.
3. The furthest country an undergraduate, resident freshman student has come from is Indonesia.
4. 27,235 people applied to attend Liberty University this fall, and only 5,645 of those were accepted (21% acceptance rate – residential undergraduate only).
5. Ratio of girls to boys in the freshmen class: Female: 52% Male: 48%
From the Liberty Registrar Director of Reporting, Joshua Redmond.
Facts about the year freshmen were born, 1995:
1. “Forrest Gump” won an Oscar for Best Picture in 1995 (IMDB).
2. Tom Hanks won an Oscar for Best Actor for “Forrest Gump” in 1995 (IMDB).
3. “Kiss From a Rose” by Seal was the fourth most popular song during that year (Billboard).
4. According to the Population Reference Bureau, the estimated world population during 1995 was 5,702,000,000 (Britannica).