Do not miss Bliss: A Fine Wedding Fair

Something old, something new and something completely unique is coming to Lynchburg’s downtown.

Hill City Bride, a fresh blog for Lynchburg brides-to-be, will be hosting the first “Bliss: a Fine Wedding Fair,” Saturday, Feb. 26, a bridal fair reinvented to be educational and entertaining.

“I want it to be a fun upscale experience for (attendees),” Hill City Bride creator Jennifer Price said. “I want (everyone who comes) to feel pampered, relaxed and say to themselves, ‘Yes! I can do this.’”

To Price, planning weddings can be both exciting and stressful.

“I think there is a lot of bewilderment when you start planning a wedding,” Price said. “You don’t know what’s out there and who can help you, and I really want to provide answers to that in the (Bliss) forum.”

Price, a Lynchburg resident and Liberty University graduate, created Hill City Bride eight months ago to fill the void that she says is present in the bridal community.

“I felt a need in the area,” Price said. “I really wanted an online source for vendors to be able to reach the brides, and also for the brides to go for ideas.”

Hill City Bride has several functions — it features local couples, gives the inside scoop on businesses around the area and offers tips for financial savings.

“The blog is something that educates the bride,” Price said. “There are do-it-yourself projects for the brides, and lots of ideas and things. I wanted to bring that in a live format (to the bridal fair).”

Price has worked with wedding experts to create six different seminars, two that will be held for all attendees and four others, of which each attendee can choose one to attend.

“I wanted to provide something based on where each bride was in her wedding planning,” Price said. “Whether you are at the beginning or towards the end of your planning, there is something that you can take away from this event.”

Session topics include entertaining tips, customizing your honeymoon to fit you, getting the most out of your wedding day photography and how to better utilize your wedding planner.

Debbie Johnson of Flavours Catering will be sharing advice in the catering seminar that, according to Price, will make your reception run flawless.

“Realize that caterers don’t just bring food to you,” Price said. “They can be utilized for a number of different things from linens to place settings and to helping utilize the reception space.”

For only $15, each attendee will be treated to a catered lunch by Sodexo’s Flavours by Design, refreshments courtesy of the Muse Coffee Company and three bridal seminars. Price suggests brides bring a friend and enjoy the day.
“We’re going to take care of your food and provide beverages throughout the day,” Price said.

“Bliss: a Fine Wedding Fair” will take place at Riverviews Artspace, 901 Jefferson St., near the Depot Grill in downtown Lynchburg.

“I like bringing different places to light. Riverviews Artspace has had some wedding receptions in there, but it really hasn’t been used as a wedding venue a lot,” Price said. “I really like doing that for other local places that people don’t really know about.”

For more information contact Jennifer Price by email, jennifer@hillcitybride.com, or visit hillcitybride.com.