Join us in the Running Challenge and see if you can run the distance (500 Miles) September 3rd 2012 – May 1st 2013 by the end of the day. This competition is free and open to all students and LaHaye Student Union members. Although it will begin in September, you can sign up at Member Services and start tracking your miles to join the competition at any time. Be one of the few to take the challenge and have your name posted on LaHaye Student Union website.
- Contestants can run as much and as often as he/she would like throughout the competition.
- At the end of each run, the contestant will record his/her distance. A log book will be provided at Member Services.
- Each time a contestant runs, he/she must enter the distance run in the log book.
- Student athletes and those getting academic credit, may participate however; they cannot record any team workouts, practice times or classes. They may only record individual, independent run time.
- The LaHaye Student Union will count up the recorded distance for each contestant and post competition standings weekly. The recorded documents can be found at Member Services.
- This is an honor event. You will be recording your own distance so please be honest. If you are caught in any way cheating or being dishonest you will be removed from the competition.
500 Miles in the 2012-2013 academic year
32 weeks in the school year = 15.6 miles per week
8.5 months in the school year = 58.8 miles per month
500 Miles in a Semester:
16 weeks in a semester = 31.25 miles per week
4 months in a semester = 125 miles per month
Prizes susceptible to LaHaye Student Union membership rules and regulations.