Join us in the Swimming Challenge and see if you can swim the distance (100 Miles) September 3rd 2012 – May 1st 2013. This competition is free and open to all students and LaHaye Student Union members. Although it will begin in September, you can sign up anytime at Member Services and start tracking your laps to join the competition. Be one of the few to take the challenge and have your name posted on LaHaye Student Union website.
- Contestants can swim as much and as often as he/she would like throughout the competition.
- The event start and end dates will not be extended.
- If the Aquatic Center changes its hours of operation or temporarily closes, exceptions to the rules will not be made.
- At the end of each swim, the contestant will record his/her distance. A log book will be provided at Member Services.
- Each time a contestant swims, he/she must enter the distance swam in the log book.
- Lifeguards are not permitted to count laps/distance for you.
- Student athletes may participate however; they cannot record any team workouts or practice times. They may only record individual, independent swimming time.
- The LaHaye Student Union will count up the recorded distance for each contestant and post competition standings weekly. The recorded documents can be found at the lifeguarding station located inside the Student Union’s Aquatic Center.
- This is an honor event. You will be recording your own distance so please be honest. If you are caught in any way cheating or being dishonest you will be removed from the competition.
Length = One end of the pool to the other (25 yards)
Lap = Down and back (50 yards)
1 mile = 1,650 yards = 66 lengths or 33 laps at LaHaye Student Union Aquatic Center
Goal = 100 miles = 165,000 yards = 3,300 laps in the LaHaye Student Union Aquatic Center
100 Miles in the 2012-2013 School year
34 weeks in the school year = 3 miles per week
9 months in the school year = 11 miles per month
100 Miles in a Semester:
17 weeks in a semester = 6 miles per week
4 months in a semester = 25 miles per month
Prizes susceptible to LaHaye Student Union membership rules and regulations.