Triathlon Challenge Rules
Join us for the Triathlon Challenge and see if you can go the distance starting September 3rd 2012 – May 1st 2013. This competition is free and open to all students and LaHaye Student Union members. Although it will begin in September, you can sign up at Member Services at any point and start tracking your laps/miles to join the competition. Anyone who completes 50 miles of swimming, 250 miles of running, and 700 miles of cycling in the listed time frame will receive a LaHaye Student Union Triathlon Challenge T-Shirt. Be one of the few to take the challenge and have your name posted on LaHaye Student Union website. The winner of the overall Triathlon Challenge and individual competitions will be awarded additional prizes.
- Contestants can swim, run, or cycle as much and as often as he/she would like throughout the competition.
- The contestant will record his/her distance in a log book provided at Member Services.
- This deadline will not be extended any further.
- If the LaHaye Student Union hour of operations change or it temporarily closes, exceptions to the rules below will not be made.
- For swimming: Lifeguards are not permitted to count laps/distance for you.
- Student athletes may participate however; they cannot record any team workouts or practice times. They may only record individual, independent swimming, running, or cycling time.
- Students may NOT record any swimming, running, or cycling that is done for an academic class (Kinesiology courses)
- The LaHaye Student Union will count up the recorded distance of each contestant and post standings of the competition weekly.
- This is an honor event. You will be recording your own distance so please be honest. If you are caught in any way cheating or being dishonest you will be removed from the competition.
Break down of distances to finish in a semester (16 weeks):
Swimming: 3.13 miles a week
Biking: 43.75 miles a week
Running: 15.63 miles a week
Break down of distances to finish in an academic year, 2012-2013 (32 weeks):
Swimming: 1.63 miles a week
Biking: 21.88 miles a week
Running: 7.81 miles a week
Break down of swimming distances:
Length = One end of the pool to the other (25 yards)
Lap = Down and back (50 yards)
1 mile = 1,650 yards = 66 lengths or 33 laps at LaHaye Student Union Aquatic Center
Goal = 50 miles = 82,500 yards = 1,650 laps in the LaHaye Student Union Aquatic Center
Prizes susceptible to LaHaye Student Union membership rules and regulations.