Ivy Lake, located in Forest, VA, is available for a variety of activities for Liberty University students, faculty, and staff.
This is a great spot for fishing, canoeing, or just having a picnic with friends. Before going to Ivy Lake, make sure to have a valid Liberty University ID on you while at the lake.
While spending time at the lake, please be sure to abide by the following guidelines:
- The facility is open to current Liberty University students, faculty, and staff only; as well as residents of Ivy Hill. You must have a valid Liberty University ID or ID proving residency at Ivy Hill to be on premises.
- You may not, under any circumstance, use the lake alone. Everyone must be accompanied by at least one other person.
- Everyone who uses a boat on the lake must wear a life vest.
- No campfires or open flames are permitted on the beach or around the lake
- If you choose to fish at the lake, you must have a valid Virginia fishing license.
- If you choose to fish, you must stay within the fishing areas designated by Liberty University.
- Ivy Lake may be used by Liberty students, faculty, and staff between dawn and dusk only.
- You are required to abide by all posted rules, regulations, and warnings at Ivy Lake at all times.
- All Liberty students, faculty, and staff must stay on Liberty University owned property at all times. Do not walk through, fish from, or park on private property.
Click Here to Buy Fishing License Online
- Take 501 North for approx. 3.4 miles.
- Take the Graves Mill Rd. exit 11.
- Turn left at stop light onto Graves Mill Rd.
- Go approx. 2 miles. Turn left onto US 221/Forest Rd.
- Go approx. 3.6 miles. Turn right onto Perrowville Rd.
- Go approx. 2 miles. Turn right onto Ivy Lake Dr.
- Go approx. .5 miles. Arrive at destination on left