The annual kick off festival hosted by Student Activities has developed over the years into an evening full of entertainment. Hosting a variety of carnival rides & games with local food vendors offering a taste of Lynchburg and Central Virginia, we are glad to give you this event for free. In this friendly atmosphere we are pleased to introduce Liberty departments and student-led clubs to meet the incoming and returning students with information and giveaways! Just when you think you've had enough, Student Activities gives you a free concert with national recording artists and a firework show to end the night! It's an evening you won't want to miss.
Colony House is an American Indie rock trio. Their debut album, When I Was Younger, reached No. 154 on the Billboard 200 and No. 3 on the Heatseekers Albumschart. Natives of Franklin, Tennessee, the band is composed of brothers Caleb Stevenson Chapman and Will Franklin Chapman, and guitarist Scott Mills. The band began working together while in high school in 2009. They have described their sound as "rock n' roll" with "stripped-down instruments", influenced by U2 and Cold War Kids. Originally named Caleb, they changed the name to Colony House in 2013, after an apartment complex where they had lived.
When Dave Barnes first showed up on the music scene 12 years ago, he was the guy hitting the college circuit with limitless energy and an equally unrestrained expectation for the future. Since then, the singer-songwriter has written and released seven albums, played hundreds of cities each year, received Grammy and CMA nominations for Blake Shelton's cut of his song “God Gave Me You,” become a father and formed deeper relationships in the industry than his 23-year-old self could have dared hope.
Food, fireworks, games, live music, and more!
Be sure to tag your posts and photos with #SAblockparty.
*Private event for Liberty University Students, Faculty, and Staff.
- Must be an official Liberty University department or organization to participate
- Registration Deadline: Thursday, July 28 at 4:30 p.m. (no exceptions)
- All eligible departments will be emailed details 1 week prior to the event
- All non-Liberty affiliated registrants will be denied a space at Block Party
- Must be an official SGA club or organization to participate
- Registration Deadline: Wednesday, August 31 at 4:30 p.m. (no exceptions)
- All registered clubs/organizations will be confirmed by SGA prior to approval
- All eligible clubs will be emailed details 2 days prior to the event
- All non-eligible SGA clubs will be denied a space at Block Party