To purchase tickets, click the "Tickets" tab above.
February 23-27, 2015
5 - 10 p.m.
LaHaye Event Space
What We Want for Coffeehouse
We want the best that the 90's had to offer! Whether it be a song*, a TV show, or a movie, throw it way back and rock it.
*Let's talk about mashups and medleys. We're not going to say you WON'T get in with a mashup or medley, but we much prefer you pick a killer 90's song and own it!
Need help? Check out some ideas below.
- Drum kit + cymbals will be provided; you may bring your own snare (in an effort to save time, you will need to use the provided drum kit)
- Provide all other instruments: amps, guitars, keyboards, cables, etc.
- You may not sing to a track
- No single acapella performances
- Everyone from your group/act must be present at the tryout
- Sign-ups during tryouts are first-come, first-serve
- Your entire group must be present before you can sign-up, and we do not reserve specific timeslots
- Individuals in multiple acts inhibit the chances of each of those acts getting into Coffeehouse (i.e. same lead singer in 2 or more acts, same bassist in multiple acts, etc.)
- We encourage all solo instrumentalists to add other performers to your tryout
- Videos can be up to 6 minutes (or as short as you would like)
- Bring final submitted copy on a flashdrive or CD by 10 PM on the last day of tryouts (Friday, February 27)
- Video should be saved as a .mov file, 16x9, and DVCPRO720p60.
- Submit videos to the Student Activities Office M-F 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. or during tryouts between 5 - 10 p.m.
- Any videos containing footage of illegal or unlawful activity will not be considered for the show (i.e. walking on railroad tracks, breaking the Liberty Way, etc).
- Come prepared (i.e. lines memorized, all group members present, music formatted as it would be for a performance)
- Costumes and large stage props are not necessary for auditions
Who Can Tryout?
- Groups of 3 or less: ALL must be current Liberty students
- Groups of 4 or more: must be 75% current Liberty students
Group Name/Song Title?
When you sign-up to tryout we will be asking for your performing group's name as well as your act/song title, so start brainstorming now!