Students seeking to develop or expand their knowledge of horsemanship are welcome to take English or Western riding lessons on any of the six Liberty-owned horses. Lessons are private or semi-private (2 riders) and suited for beginner through advanced riders. As with all riding activities, lessons are free of charge.
The Equestrian Center offers lessons Monday through Wednesday at 3:00p.m., 4:00p.m., and 5:00p.m. M-W lessons are for individual students only.
Lessons are also offered on Saturdays at 12:00p.m., 1:00p.m., and 2:00p.m. Saturday lessons can accomodate one or two people, so grab a friend and take a lesson together!
To sign up for a lesson, email Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your:
- Preferred time slot
- Phone number
- ID number
- Experience level (beginner, advanced, expert)
- What kind of lesson you would like (English or Western)
Before You Ride
- Lessons are ONLY available to current Liberty students.
- Lessons are free of charge.
- Lessons are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- Lessons should be scheduled at least a week in advance. It is unlikely that slots will be open if you try to schedule the day before.
- Weekday lessons accommodate 1 rider per slot. Saturday lessons accommodate 2 riders per slot.
- Lessons are not repeating. For example, if you schedule for 3p.m. on Monday, that ride is only available for the Monday it is scheduled, and not every following Monday at 3p.m. Repeat rides must scheduled on a week-to-week basis.
- Riders should arrive in appropriate clothes. Long pants and sturdy closed toed shoes are best. No flip flops/sandals or slip on shoes are allowed. Toms, Chucks and other flimsy types shoes should also be avoided. Please no excessively loose or dangling clothes, scarves, jewelry, etc.
- Please take into consideration that horses are separate living entities and occasionally rides may need to be cancelled or rescheduled in order to best accommodate the barn environment, weather, etc. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.