Guided trail rides are available to students seeking the opportunity to explore Liberty’s expansive mountain property on horseback. Trail rides are suited for beginner through advanced riders and each begins with a brief lesson followed by a 30-45 minute ride around the mountain. Trail rides are limited to two people per ride and are offered free of charge.
The Equestrian Center offers trail rides on Saturdays at 12:00p.m., 1:00p.m., and 2:00p.m.
To sign up for a Saturday trail ride, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before You Ride
- Trail rides are ONLY available to current Liberty students.
- Trail rides are free of charge.
- Trail rides are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- Trail rides should be scheduled at least a week in advance. It is unlikely that slots will be open if you try to schedule the day before.
- Saturday trail rides accommodate 2 riders per slot.
- Trail rides are not repeating. For example, if you schedule for 3p.m. on Monday, that ride is only available for the Monday it is scheduled, and not every following Monday at 3p.m. Repeat rides must scheduled on a week-to-week basis.
- Riders should arrive in appropriate clothes. Long pants and sturdy closed toed shoes are best. No flip flops/sandals or slip on shoes are allowed. Toms, Chucks and other flimsy types shoes should also be avoided. Please no excessively loose or dangling clothes, scarves, jewelry, etc.
- Please take into consideration that horses are separate living entities and occasionally rides may need to be cancelled or rescheduled in order to best accommodate the barn environment, weather, etc. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.