Preparing for Your First Semester: A Checklist
Complete the below items before* Fall 2016 semester begins.
Create Your Liberty Account
- Creating a Liberty Username and Password is a priority after being accepted and will give you access to important aspects of your account such as Housing, Course Registration and Financial Check-In. To create your account in ASIST, visit the Claim Account page.
Complete the FAFSA
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is required of all students in order to receive Financial Aid from Liberty University. Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov and use Liberty's school code (010392).
Submit All Applicable Financial Aid Documents
- This can include FAFSA verification documents, the VTAG application and all required Federal Loan documents. For information specific to your account, please contact the Financial Aid office at (888) 583-5704.
Complete Financial Check-In
- Check out the Student Accounts site for the “Steps to Complete Financial Check-In.” Note: Completion of Financial Check-In is a prerequisite for selecting a class schedule, obtaining a Flames Pass ID Card, and receiving a Housing Assignment.
Submit the On-Campus Housing Application
- Within Financial Check-In, students must complete the On-Campus Housing application which will allow them to enter their residential preferences, as well as select a housing tier. For more information, visit the Student Housing web page.
Register Your Vehicle With LUPD
- All students who plan to bring a vehicle with them in the fall must first indicate their intent during Financial Check-In, and then register with LUPD. For more information visit www.Liberty.edu/LUPD.
Register for Classes
- You can select your classes online through your ASIST account. Please visit www.Liberty.edu/CASAS for more information regarding class registration and academic support.
Upload a Photo for Your Flames Pass ID Card
- Students have the option of uploading a photo of their choice for their ID card through ASIST, or having their photo taken during Summer Orientation. For more information and upload instructions, please visit www.Liberty.edu/CardServices.
Complete the Computer Assessment
- Liberty University strives for each student to attain technological proficiency and requires that all students complete a technology competency requirement. There are two ways to do this: passing the Computer Assessment OR completing Information Technology 110.
- *Please note that new students that opt to take the Computer Assessment will be able to take the assessment online during the fall semester. Students will recieve information via a Blackboard course (it will automatically be added to their course list). For questions, please visit www.Liberty.edu/ComputerAssessment. This item does not need to be completed before the Fall 2016 semester begins.
Complete the Online Health Form
- All students are required to complete a health form through ASIST prior to attending. Click on the General Information tab in ASIST to finish your form.
Which checklist items can I complete at Summer Orientation?