Skip to content
When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  • University Calendar

    Visit the University Calendar for questions concerning dates

  • ID & Campus Services Lingo
    • Flames Pass: The Flames Pass is the campus ID card. It provides access to Flames Cash, meal plans, events, LaHaye Student Union and other activities campus-wide. Your Flames Pass is valid as long as the student is enrolled and financially checked-in.

    • BankMobile: Liberty University uses the disbursement service offered by BankMobile for the disbursement of student refunds, per diems, and stipends. Once financially checked-in, an activation code is sent to the students mailing address on file with Liberty University, allowing them to select a refund preference.

    • Vibe Account: This is the FDIC insured checking account administered by BankMobile. Funds can be spent anywhere MasterCard is accepted. The BankMobile Vibe card is the DEBIT card for the account. Find more information at

    • Meal Swipe: Depending on the meal plan selected, meals swipes are the number of meals per week that can be eaten in the Reber-Thomas Dining Hall. There are also meal swipe equivalent in other locations throughout campus. **Week begins each Friday morning.

    • Flames Cash: Flames Cash is a declining balance account. Any funds deposited into this account can be spent with any participating merchant both on and off campus using the Flames Pass. Flames Cash is taxable. View a complete listing of participating merchants.

  • How do I address letters and packages to my student?

    All mail should be addressed as follows:

    Student Name
    MSC Box #
    Liberty University

    1971 University Blvd
    Lynchburg, VA 24515-2213

    After MSC Box, just put the Liberty Box number. Do not put the words "Liberty Box" or "PO Box" in front of it!

  • How can I access my student's grades and personal information?

    Per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), anyone who wishes to have access to a student’s account must provide a FERPA pin created by that student. Students can create a FERPA pin on their ASIST account.

  • Does Liberty University offer health insurance for students?

    No, Liberty currently does not offer a health insurance program for students to purchase. However, the Student Health Fee does cover services offered at the Student Health Center on campus. For more information regarding the services offered please refer to the Student Health Center.

  • Does Liberty have a way to notify the students should there be an emergency?

    Yes, Liberty incorporated an emergency alert system in March 2009. All Liberty students and staff may sign up to be notified in case of an emergency through their ASIST account. This will allow them to receive call, text, and/or email alerts in emergency situations.

  • Where do I get an enrollment verification form for insurance purposes?

    To receive verification documentation, students will need to fill out the Student Enrollment Verification Request Form. It is an online form and will be submitted directly to Liberty's Verification Officers. Students will need their Liberty credentials to access the form. The Verification Officers will then be in direct contact with the student regarding any information about their verification request. Please note that there is a 24-48 hour processing time for verification requests.

  • Does Liberty have a shuttle service?

    Yes! Students can use the Liberty Transit System to ride to Main Campus, East Campus, Green Hall (including Thomas Road Baptist Church) as well as to various locations throughout Lynchburg.

    There is also a shuttle service to Lynchburg and Roanoke Airports, the Local Greyhound Bus station, and local Amtrak station. Your student will need to request these shuttles through Transit Services, and there will be a fee associated with these shuttle services. 

  • Are there any opportunities for students to network rides for long distance trips during breaks and vacations?

    Yes! While the university does not provide official arrangements for long distance trips, we encourage students to check online student-run groups such as the Liberty Ride Share Facebook page. 

    Students can also find rides with other students on their hall or by checking out bulletin board advertisements around campus. 

    It is important to note that the university is not responsible for any travel arrangements made between students.

  • Does my student need renter's insurance to live on campus?

    The University will not be responsible for damage to or loss of personal belongings, which are a result of wind, water, insects, rodents, vandalism or theft. However, when damage or loss is reported, the University will take reasonable steps to attempt to resolve the problem. Parents are encouraged to make sure their students' personal belongings are covered by their homeowner's policy or a renter's insurance.

chat live 2 Chat Live
Asset 1 Request Info
Asset 1 Apply Now
visit Visit Liberty