Skip to content
When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.

Summer at Liberty

Summer Classes

Except for Liberty University doctoral students, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service does not require international students to enroll in summer classes.  International students can remain at Liberty, work on campus, enroll in classes, or can travel elsewhere.

Please note even during summer months you must comply with F-1 regulations. This means you may not work off-campus or study anywhere but Liberty unless you have prior authorization from your International Student Advisor that has been added to your I-20 form.

Talk to your CASAS advisor about signing up for Liberty University Online summer classes. Make sure they know you are a current residential student and want to take only a few online classes. You cannot change to an online program because you will lose your status.

Summer Work

On-campus: You are eligible to work on-campus full time or more. Please go to our employment webpage for more information.

Off-campus: If you have completed two semesters (1 year) of study in the U.S., you are eligible to apply for off-campus work authorization if you meet the required special circumstances. Please see the employment page for more information on Curricular Practical Training.

Summer Housing

On-Campus: International students may live on campus during the summer with or without taking classes. Students will have to pay for housing. Please see the Summer Housing page.

Off-Campus: Students may also move off campus for the summer months without special permission. Please see the commuter webpage for help finding an apartment.

Remember that you may not move off campus during the semester without permission. Please see the Commuter Student webpage for details.


(434) 592-4118

DeMoss Hall, Room 2232


8 a.m.–5 p.m. EST

chat live 2 Chat Live
Asset 1 Request Info
Asset 1 Apply Now
visit Visit Liberty