Department of Defense Tuition Assistance
Below is a snapshot of what DoD Tuition Assistance may cover. To determine your eligibility, please contact your Human Resources Office or Office Supervisor directly.
- Must be an employee of the U.S. Department of Defense
- May cover up to $250 per credit hour
- Fiscal year cap of $4500
- May cover up to 18 credit hours per military fiscal year
What You Need to Know:
Please note if you have not used DoD Tuition Assistance before, your first step is to contact your Human Resources Office or Office Supervisor for assistance with getting started. We’ve outlined a few items below we want you to be aware of as you utilize your Tuition Assistance at Liberty University.
- Your Tuition Assistance form is referred to as an SF-182 form.
- You will need to make sure the correct course information is included on your SF-182. Forms with incorrect information cannot be accepted. The information needed includes:
- The course subject code and number (ex: ENGL 100)
- The course title (ex: Basic Composition)
- The course dates (ex: 1/12/2015 – 3/6/2015)
- The number of credit hours (semester hours) and c ost per credit hour ($250)
- You must submit your approved SF-182 to the Office of Military Affairs by the TA Form deadline. See our Dates and Deadlines webpage for more information.
- We do not submit your grades to the DoD for TA courses. You will be responsible for submitting this information if it is required.