When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.

VA Vocational Rehabilitation - Chapter 31

Benefit Summary

Below is a snapshot of how the Department of Veterans Affairs processes VA Vocational Rehabilitation benefits and their general eligibility requirements. Our VetSuccess on Campus Counselor, Millie Hall, may be able to help you determine your eligibility for this benefit. You may also contact the Department of Veteran Affairs directly at (800) 827-1000 to determine your eligibility.

  • Veterans with service-connected disabilities may be eligible. A service-connected disability rating of at least 10% or a memorandum rating of 20% or more from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs is required.
  • Must be used within 12 years of either the date of separation from active military service or the date in which the veteran was first notified by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs of a service-connected disability rating.
  • Can cover up to 100% of tuition and fees.

How to use your Vocational Rehabilitation (Ch. 31) Benefits:

Step 1Determine Your Eligibility

You may contact the Department of Veterans Affairs by phone at (800) 827-1000 to determine your eligibility. Our VetSuccess on Campus counselor, Millie Hall is also available to help you determine your eligibility for this benefit.

You may apply for Vocational Rehabilitation by completing and submitting VA Form 28-1900 to the Department of Veterans Affairs directly.

Step 2Your VA Counselor is Assigned

Once approved, you will be assigned a U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor in your state.

Step 3

Authorization is Issued to Liberty University

Your U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor must issue a VA Form 28-1905 to Liberty University's Office of Military Affairs, which allows you to register for courses and authorizes Liberty University to post aid to your student account in a given term or year.

Forms should be emailed to VAVocRehab@liberty.edu or faxed to (434) 455-1287.

Step 5Payment is Posted, Complete Financial Check-In

Once we receive the authorization form from your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor and you have enrolled in courses, the Office of Military Affairs will certify your enrollment to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and post the credit to your account. This process typically takes 3-5 business days.

You will receive an email to your Liberty email account once your credit has been posted to your account. You will then need to complete Financial Check-In to secure your enrollment for the semester. Please see our Financial Check-In Guide for more information on this process.

Step 5

Order Your Books

If your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor has approved book purchases as required for your courses on your VA Form 28-1905, a book voucher will automatically be processed for you. If you have any questions about using this voucher or the amounts, please send an email to VAVocRehab@liberty.edu.

Chat Live
Request Info
Apply Now
Visit Liberty