Paul Fink (1930-2013)
Professor of Biblical Studies & Pastoral Ministries
Areas of Specialization
- Christian Home and Family
- Biblical Prophecy
- Exegesis of Difficult Biblical Passages
- B.A., Columbia Bible College
- Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary
- Adv. M.Ed., University of Southern California
- Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary
- Post-doctoral study at Purdue University
- Professor of Biblical Studies and Pastoral Ministry, Liberty University, School of Religion, 1979-Present.
- Chairman, Department of Biblical Studies, Liberty University, School of Religion, 1979-2004.
- Interim Pastor, Washington Heights Grace Brethren Church, Roanoke, VA, 1997.
- Interim Pastor, First Brethren Church, Buena Vista, VA, 1990-1996.
- Interim Pastor, Harvest Baptist Church, Blacksburg, VA, 1988-1989.
- Founder and President/Instructor of Amherst County Bible Institute, Madison Heights, VA, 1983-1989; 1996-Present .
- Interim Pastor, Faith Presbyterian Church (Independent), Monroe, VA, 1982-1988.
- Part-time Faculty member, Indiana Technical & Vocational College, Warsaw, IN, 1978-79.
- Served on the Part-time Faculty of BIOLA College, La Mirada, CA while on Sabbatical leave from Grace Theological Seminary, 1969-70.
- Professor of Homiletics and Pastoral Theology at Grace Theological Seminary, Winona Lake, IN, 1963-79.
- Faculty member, Southern Bible Training School, Dallas, TX, 1958-62.
- Contributing editor The Teachers’ Bible, Dr. Harold Willmington, Editor. Published by Tyndale Publishing House in 1999, 1998.
- Speaker and Producer of radio broadcast (5 days a week) for Amherst County Bible Institute of the Air, 1987-1988.
- Contributing Editor. The Annotated Bible. Published by Liberty University, August, 1988. Wrote the commentaries on the Minor Prophets, Romans, Pastoral Epistles and Petrine Epistles, 1986.
- Contributing Editor. Christian Life Bible. Published by Thomas Nelson Publishers, October, 1985. Wrote the introduction to 2 Peter, 1985.
- Contributing Editor. Willmington's Survey of the Old Testament. Published in 1986 by Tyndale House - Wrote more than ninety articles covering Genesis to Malachi, 1984-1985.
- Contributing Editor. The Open Bible. (Expanded Edition) Nelson Publishing Company. Wrote thirty-five of the articles used in the Reader's Guide to Understanding the Bible, 1983.
- Contributing Editor. Liberty Bible Commentary. Wrote the commentaries on the twelve Minor Prophets, 1982.
Board Member, Grace Village, Warsaw, IN - Was Chairman of the Search Committee responsible for hiring the
- Administrator of this senior citizen retirement complex, 1977-79.
- Interim Pastor of at least seventeen churches for interims of three months to six years. The most recent was of Washington Heights Grace Brethren Church of Roanoke, VA.
- Bible Conference Speaker - have held Bible Conferences and Special Meetings on the Christian Home and Family and many other subjects in many churches and conference grounds across the nation.
- United States Navy - Served 2 1/2 years aboard USS SAINT PAUL (CA-73) and a little over 1 year aboard USS IOWA (BB-61). Honorably discharged as FC2, 1948-52.
- Ordained minister: Thomas Road Baptist Church, National Fellowship of Grace Brethren Ministers
- Contributing editor, The Open Bible (Expanded Edition)
- Commentary on the Minor Prophets, The Liberty Commentary
- Chapter entitled "The Relation of the Church and State," appearing in Fundamentals 2000, Kregel Press.
Community Involvement and Service
- Appointed by Governor Mark Warner to membership on the Joint Leadership Council of Veterans’ Service Organizations in the Commonwealth of Virginia, 2003-2005.
- Lifetime Member of American Battleship Association, 1997-Present.
- Lifetime Member of United States Navy Cruiser Sailors Association, 1997-Present.
- Lifetime Member of USS SAINT PAUL Association. Serve as Chaplain of the Association, 1997-Present.
- Member of USS IOWA Veterans Association, 1997-Present.
- Member of USS JUNEAU Association. Serve as Chaplain of the Association, 1996-Present.
- Lifetime Member of United States Marine Corps League, Detachment 752 Lynchburg, VA, 1995-Present.
- Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars – Served as Quartermaster of VFW Post 2515 1995-2002, 1995-Present.
- Served as Chief of Elections for the local, county, state, and national political elections of Amherst County, Virginia, 1986-2001.
- Served by appointment of the Amherst County School Board on the Citizens' Committee for the oversight and implementation of the Family Life Curriculum in the public schools of Amherst County, Virginia, 1986-1989.
- Served as Secretary, Republican Committee of Amherst County, Virginia, 1984-1998.
- Member, Amherst County Republican Committee of Amherst County, Virginia, 1982-Present.
- Member Evangelical Theological Society, 1963-Present.