Liberty University Transcript Requests
- Official transcripts will be released only when the student has met all of their financial obligations to Liberty University.
In accordance with the Family Rights & Privacy Act of 1974, a student’s academic record can only be released upon written authorization by the student. By law, the request must include the student’s signature and date.
- All transcript orders are processed within 3-4 business days. Please be aware that our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Requests made over the weekend will not be processed until the following Monday.
Ordering a Transcript Online
Please access the link below to request a transcript online. Please use your full 8-digit Liberty University ID. For example, if your ID is 1234, please enter 0001234. If your ID is 1234567, please enter 01234567.
Ordering a Transcript through Fax, Mail, or Email
To fax, mail or email a transcript request, please fill out and SIGN the Transcript Request Form.
Transcript requests may be sent via:
1971 University Boulevard
MSC Box 710177
Lynchburg, VA 24515
Requests by email must be sent from the student’s Liberty University account, unless the signed transcript request form is sent in the form of a document. The Liberty University transcript email is LUtranscripts@liberty.edu
Written requests must include:
- Student’s full name, student ID or social security number
- Student’s current address and phone number
- Recipient’s complete address
- Special instructions (if needed) (i.e. “send after grades have posted,” “send via FedEx* overnight delivery,” “send unofficial copy only,” etc.)
- Form of payment (i.e. credit card**, check or money order);
- Student’s signature and current date
*FedEx Deliveries are charged a flat fee of $20 per shipment for the United States and Canada. FedEx only delivers to street addresses (P.O. Box or APO addresses will not be accepted for the FedEx service).
**For security and confidentiality the Registrar’s Office destroys credit card numbers as soon as the request has been processed.
Expedited Shipping Options
- If you would like your transcript order expedited via FedEx for an additional charge, please indicate this service on your transcript request.
- FedEx delivery is only available to the United States, territories of the United States, and Canada. A flat rate of $20 is charged per address.
- FedEx will ONLY deliver to street addresses; FedEx will not deliver to PO Boxes and APO addresses.
Military Student Transcript Requests
- Current active duty, Military Reserves, and National Guard students are entitled to a free official transcript.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your official transcript. Please indicate within the email that you are either active duty, Military Reserves, or National Guard.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a transcript cost?
- The transcript fee is $10 for an official transcript and $1 for any additional copies on the same request. There is no fee for an unofficial copy of your transcript. For questions regarding payment for transcripts, please email LUtranscripts@liberty.edu.
When will I receive my transcript?
- Transcript requests are processed within 24-48 hours of receipt;
- Once the request is complete, your transcript is mailed out via USPS regular mailing and can take up to 2 weeks to arrive to its destination.
Can I view my unofficial transcript online?
- Unofficial transcripts can be viewed using your username and password to log onto Liberty University’s website (under Student Login). Once you are logged in click on ASIST, then click on Student & Financial Aid. Follow the links to Student Records, then click on Academic Transcript. From here, you can choose to view your Unofficial Transcript.
For questions regarding ordering or paying for transcripts: