Transient Request - Pre-Approval for Transferable Courses

As a current Liberty University Student, you may request pre-approval to take a course at another institution that will equate to a Liberty University course, by submitting one of the following forms:

Online Transient Request Form

Transient Request Form (Hardcopy)

  • Only use this version of the form, if you are experiencing difficulty with the online form.
  • Complete the form and email it to


Considerations for Transient Courses:

  • Credit that is awarded for course(s) taken at another institution must equate to at least 2/3 of the credit of the LU course.
  • Course content must be comparable.
  • In order to receive credit for the course, students must complete the course with a C or better and have the official transcript sent to Liberty University for transfer evaluation.
  • Further explanation of this criteria can be found on the Liberty University Transfer Policy Page.




Forms that do not appear on the website must be obtained from the Registrar's Office or your Academic Advisor.

Many forms apply only to residential programs and not to Liberty University Online programs, and vice versa.

All forms must be completed and processed according to the guidelines in the 2015-2016 Academic Policy Handbook and the University Catalog in order to be considered official.

Please call (434) 592-5100 if you need additional information.