Employment for International Students
F-1 Students primary purpose in the United States is to engage in full-time study. However, at various times while pursuing your degree, students have the opportunity to engage in authorized employment.
If you are interested in pursuing employment, contact your Foreign Student Advisor to set up an appointment by e-mail MyStatus@liberty.edu or phone 592-4118.
- F-1 students can only work on-campus during their first year of classes.
- Current students cannot apply for work supplement positions - only eligible applicants at the time of admission can apply for these positions.
Authorization for Employment
- The only type of positions for International Students are “Work Assistant” positions. These positions are limited to 18 hours per week, typically starting at minimum wage.
- Check the HR website at Liberty University for current job openings and guidelines: On-Campus Employment
- If you receive a job offer, you will need to obtain a Social Security Card
*All students must file taxes while they are in the U.S. See the HR website for more information.
Internships & Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- By enrolling in an internship or independent study course, international students can receive Curricular Practical Training (CPT) during their studies. CPT provides off campus work authorization for international students to gain field experience in their major during the school year and summer.
Students should schedule an appointment with their Foreign Student Advisor to find out more about CPT options.