Resources for Graduate and Divinity Students
Graduate and divinity students are a very important part of the Liberty University community with special housing and family-related needs and concerns. The Office of International Student Services is aware of those needs and provides assistance whenever possible.
Commuter Students website
- If you are married, you must live off campus. Married students must life off-campus even if their spouse is not currently living with them.
- Students age 25 or older, or who will turn 25 within the academic year, must live off-campus.
Graduate Support Offices
Applying for Visa!
- Liberty is able to assist F-1 and F-2 students only. Students wishing to change to a different visa type will need to seek the assistance of a lawyer. *
- Any student who has applied for a different visa type should inform their Foreign Student Advisor immediately.
- Once approved, the student will need to provide proof of the new status to the Foreign Student Advisor immediately.
* Immigration lawyer Art Serratelli speaks at Liberty once a semester. You will receive an email from the International Student Center about this workshop.
Graduate Enrollment Policies
- Graduate students must maintain full-time enrollment each fall and spring semester. For graduate students, this is 9 credit hours per semester, with at least 6 credit hours being residential.
- Doctoral students must maintain full-time enrollment in at least 6 residential credits. Doctorate Registration form
- Before the start of each semester, doctoral students must report to their Foreign Student Advisor using the following form: Enrollment policy for doctorate students
- Counseling practicum and internship students: Counseling practicum and internship policy
Maintaining F-2 Dependent Status
- An F-2 may not work under any conditions in the U.S.
- An F-2 spouse may not be enrolled in a degree program of study.
- An F-2 child may study at the primary and/or secondary level (K-12)
- An F-2 wanting to attend university must apply for an F-1 status. They may begin study after applying, prior to approval.
- Please let your Foreign Student Advisor know if your F-2 dependent is no longer living in the U.S.
- If you need to add an F-2 dependent to your F-1 I-20, you will need to show an affidavit of increased financial support of $5,000.00 per dependent.
If you have questions, please contact your Graduate Foreign Student Advisor: