The Ann Leslie (Mrs. John Franklin Cannady, Sr.) and Son, George Alexander Cannady Endowment Scholarship Fund
The Ann Leslie (Mrs. John Franklin Cannady, Sr.) and son, George Alexander Cannady Endowment Scholarship Fund at Liberty University provides tuition assistance for one or more students attending the School of Divinity and intending on serving others and demonstrating the love of Jesus in China. The scholarship awarded will be determined by available funds.
Criteria of Eligibility to Apply
- The applicant must be a professing born-again Christian.
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need according to the standards of the department of student accounts.
- The applicant must be in good academic standing and must maintain at least a “B” average.
- The applicant must be a full-time student at Liberty University’s School of Divinity with a major or minor in Global Studies preparing to serve others and demonstrate the love of Jesus in China.
- The applicant needs to have knowledge of, or be engaged in learning the Chinese language.
- It is preferred that the recipient of this scholarship possess a medical background.
- At the University’s request, provide a typed essay (500 words or less) describing your future goals.
- Please provide a written reference from a pastor, professor, employer, etc.
- Please provide your Financial aid worksheet.
- Please fill out and turn in the student information form, which serves as your application. You may submit it via email to email@example.com, or in-person to the Center for Global Engagement in Green Hall 2500.
Download the Application