Global Focus Week
Global Focus Week (GFW) is a semi-annual conference aimed at raising global awareness among the Liberty University students, faculty, and staff. The conference offers students the opportunity to hear globally influential guest speakers in Convocation, connect with cross-cultural workers at an expo of organizations involved in diverse international endeavors, and participate in interactive cultural learning break-out sessions.
- Fall 2015: September 7-11
- Spring 2016: TBA
If you are interested in attending the Spring 2016 conference, please take note of the following process:
Due to the nature of our conference, we have a limited number of spaces available for exhibiting organizations. Each year the Center for Global Engagement's (CGE) staff strategically invites a diverse cross-section of organizations that best meet the needs of our student body and of the conference. In order to make this selection, the CGE prioritizes organizations that:
- Are in alignment with Liberty University's (LU) vision, values, and/or doctrines.
- Offer students a broad range of opportunities for careers, internships, and short-term experiences internationally
- Offer an area of specialization that correlates to a strategic focus of LU or the CGE.
- Have a demonstrated reputation for ethical, successful, and sustainable involvement within their area of focus.
- Have a demonstrated history of relationship with LU.
How to Request an Invitation
- If your organization has previously attended GFW and is interested in returning for Spring 2016, please notify us via email at email@example.com
- If your organization is new to GFW and interested in participating in our Spring 2016 conference, please fill out the Request for Invitation Form.
- Requests for invitation to attend the Spring 2016 Global Focus Week are due by September 21, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. EST
- Our staff will process all requests, select the organizations who will be invited to attend the Spring 2016 conference, and extend notifications of approval and invitations to register for the Spring 2016 GFW by November 2, 2015.