Elementary Education Integrated Studies (B.S.)
Undergraduate candidates who plan to teach in the elementary or middle school must major in Integrated Studies in Elementary Education. For Elementary (grades preK-6), the teacher candidate must choose one of the core areas (English, math, science or social science).
To add the Middle School option (grades 6-8) to the Elementary endorsement, the teacher candidate must complete: one additional course, EDUC 412 Middle School Curriculum and Instruction, middle school field experiences and one student teaching placement in a middle school setting.
- Social Science
Professional Education Requirements
- EDUC 125/126 - Introduction to Education
- EDUC 220 - Differentiated
- EDUC 225/226 - Instructional Design
- EDUC 317/318/319 - Elementary Reading/Language Arts
- EDUC 322/323/324 - Elementary Social Studies/Math/Science
- EDUC 360 - Foundations of Education
- EDUC 410/411 - Elementary Curriculum
Middle School option: EDUC 412 Middle School Curriculum and Instruction
- EDUC 415/416 - Measurement/Evaluation
- EDUC 475 - Seminar in Classroom Management
- EDUC 476 - Student Teaching I
- EDUC 477 - Student Teaching II
Program of Study
Degree Completion Plans (DCP)
Candidates who have already earned a bachelor's degree should view the M.A.T. in Elementary Education.